Chapter 19: It's Showtime

Previously...

"I'll hold you to that," he smiled. He turned to Drew. "It was nice to meet you," he glared. Drew smirked down at him. Drew was a proud couple inches taller.

"You too," he said before May tugged his arm back towards the main part of the city.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Finally it was the day of the contest. May sat anxiously next to Drew in the coordinators room. Many of the others were running around trying to get last minute practice and feeding their Pokemon pokeblock. She fiddled with her fingers nervously as she was looking around at the competition. There didn't seem to be anyone to particularly look out for. She relaxed a little. She then saw two girls.

They looked completely identical. They both had short auburn hair that was put up in a ponytail on the side, but their hair was so short, most of it had fallen free out of the ponytail. They looked younger, about 12 or 13. They were wearing the same outfit, light washed overalls with a light and dark pink striped long sleeve with lettuce ends underneath. They had white socks that came up to their mid calf and black tennis shoes. They were adorable. May was surprised to see that they didn't look nervous at all. Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder. It was Drew.

"Hey, calm down. Remember, Pokemon can feel when their trainer is nervous," he advised as he fed a purple pokeblock to Butterfree who swallowed it excitedly.

"Right, I know, I'm just nervous we won't be on the same page and be able to battle right," May said.

"It'll be fine," he said reassuringly. She smiled before looking back at the twin girls. One was playing with a Mareep while the other was telling a Wooper to use water gun. Suddenly, the large screen that broadcasted the contest to the back room flashed on revealing the stage. The announcer stood in the middle of the stage.

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! I'm Adrian, your host! Are you all ready to see some thrilling performances today?" She asked. The crowd roared in response.

"Joining us as our judges today we have Mr. Contesta! Mr. Sukizo! And Violet City's very own Nurse Joy!" The crowd cheered.

"The winners of the Violet City Contest will earn the coveted Violet Ribbons!" Adrian said enthusiastically as the two ribbons were displayed. They were striped, a darker purple and a lighter purple. The crowd oooed.

"Now without further ado, let's begin the appeal round! Pair number 1, you're up!" Adrian said. May watched in surprise as the pair that walked out were the twins they saw earlier.

"Introducing Abby and Savannah from Cianwood City!" Adrian announced as the two made their way to the center of the stage.

"Wooper! It's showtime!" One twin announced before throwing her pokeball.

"Alright Mareep! The show's on!" The other exclaimed sending out hers. Wooper did a little waddling dance on his release earning some cuteness points with the crowd. Mareep swung its tail among its release and let out a loud baa.

"Alright Wooper! Use water gun!" One cried. Wooper then tilted its head back and shot streams of water in the sky.

"Now Mareep! Thunder shock!" The other twin cried. Electricity shot out of Mareep and into the water where you could see it run through the water before zapping it into tiny blue sparkles. The crowd gasped. Wooper then jumped on Mareep's back as the sparkles fell down on them.

"Thunder wave Mareep!" A wave of stunning electricity radiated in all directions from Mareep creating a stunning effect as the sparkles continued falling. The crowd cheered in approval. Finally it was time for the judges to score the performance.