Chapter 3: Dinner

W-Welcome home Dad," May stuttered. He smiled warmly at his daughter until he saw the green haired boy sitting next to her. The angry tick mark appeared on his forehead while he still had a smile on his face, making him look extremely dangerous. Caroline joined him by his side and looked at him in confusion. He turned to her.

"Caroline, why is there a teenage boy in my house?" He asked, trying to suppress the rage in his voice that made it shake.

"I invited him to stay for dinner," Caroline said cheerfully. Suddenly the fuse that was his patience was burnt up and he exploded.

"WHAAAAAAAT!!!!" Norman roared. Drew's ghost hovered over his figure. Max was still cackling.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Suddenly, tears began to cascade down Norman's face.

"How could you not tell me, Caroline?" He hiccuped.

"Well, you were dealing with a challenger, I wouldn't want to interrupt your important battle!" Caroline said seriously.

"I don't want him here!" Norman pleaded.

"I'm sorry, Dear, but it would be rude after I invited him to kick him out," Caroline said, her brows furrowed.

"If it's that big of a deal, I'm sure I can eat something in the Pokemon Center I'm staying in," Drew offered, standing up to walk towards the door.

"Don't be silly, you're staying!" Caroline insisted. Suddenly, a timer went off from the kitchen. "Oh my! Looks like dinner needs attending to!" She said as she swiftly left the room. Norman snapped back in an instant.

"I'm watching you, you little punk," He warned, narrowing his eyes to glare a Drew as he followed his wife into the kitchen.

"Sorry about him," May sweatdropped.

"It's fine," Drew said.

"I'll be watching you too," Max suddenly said. May and Drew had both forgotten he was there for a moment.

"Gosh Max, not you too," May said, letting out a sigh in annoyance.

"You've upset May in the past, so you better tread lightly," Max warned before he left the room.

"I'm sorry about my family," May apologized.

"No it's fine, you all are so lively, it's interesting," Drew chuckled, though there was an underlining tone in his voice. May didn't get the chance to ask him about it before he spoke again.

"What did your brother mean by "you've upset May in the past?"" Drew asked.

"Oh, nothing important, just like losing and stuff, and me getting mad after an argument," May said nervously.

"Oh, okay," Drew said, relieved it wasn't anything bad.

"Do you know where Jhoto's Grand Festival will be held this year?" May asked.

"I think they built a new arena in Blackthorn City for it," Drew said.

"Oh wow! Blackthorn City? That's up in the mountains! It's a cool place, plus the Lake of Rage where it's rumored you can find a red Gyarados!" May said animatedly.

"You sure know a lot about Blackthorn City," Drew laughed.

"Yeah! I'm actually from Jhoto! Bet you didn't know that! I've been there a couple times!" May explained.

"Oh, I had no idea, where did you live there?" Drew asked. He was intrigued, her knowledge of the region could be very helpful for getting around. They were going to travel together. After all, that was the only reason May could even go in the first place.