Chapter 6: The Argument

Previously:

He held her up as she draped her arms over his shoulders lazily. She put her chin where his neck and shoulder met each other. The night had brought in a cooler front, but she was perfectly warm and comfortable against his back. She could feel how his body moved as he trudged forward, and before barely any time had passed at all, she was lulled to sleep.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

May woke up bundled in the sheets of a pokecenter bed. She panicked for a moment, wondering how she got there, but flashed back to Drew giving her a piggyback ride. She must have fallen asleep and he brought her up here. She remembered his warmth and blushed slightly. The sun brightly shined through the blinds in the room, indicating it was late morning. With a big sigh, May sat up, the covers pooling at her waist.

"Good morning Sleepy Head," Drew said smugly from across the room. His bed was neatly made and he was sitting on top of the covers with a book in his lap, open.

"Save it, I'm too tired for your antics," May yawned before stretching her arms over her head. "What time is it?"

"10:30," he said, looking at his PokeNav.

"Oh wow. Have you had breakfast already?" She asked him. He nodded.

"Yeah, I woke up about 2 hours ago and I grabbed some food and then I came back here to read," He answered. May made a face at his book when he mentioned reading. He rolled his eyes at her in response. The silence that followed after was quickly disrupted by a protest from May's stomach. She laughed sheepishly.

"Here," Drew alerted her before tossing a packaged chocolate chip muffin. "I brought it up for you just in case you slept past breakfast. I would've been able to wake a dead man before I could wake you up this morning," He laughed lightheartedly. May gingerly accepted the muffin, holding it carefully like it was glass. A small smile had made its way onto her face. After last night and this morning, she realized that Drew was much more sweet than he made himself out to be, maybe even more than what he himself thought behind the walls he put up.

"Thank you," she said sincerely, looking up at him with her enchanting blue eyes.

"Whatever," he said casually, flicking his hair. She smiled to herself at him trying to play it off. She let him.

"So what are we going to do today?" May asked him curiously. They had a whole day to kill until the ferry ride the next day. Drew sighed before putting a bookmark into his book and setting it aside.

"I don't know, I don't have anything coming to mind currently," he sighed as he put his hands behind his head.

"I know! I've been meaning to get a new travel outfit! This would be the perfect time!" May said as she came to an epiphany.

"Yeah sure, we can go to some clothing stores," Drew agreed. Suddenly May's grin widened.

"You should get a new outfit too Drew! Let the purple jacket rest for awhile!" She suggested.

"Oh no, I don't need a new outfit," Drew said, very sure.

"You don't NEED a new outfit, but you SHOULD buy one," May said, trying to convince him.

"I'll decide this later, for now, get ready," he said in a very ordering tone. May let out a frustrated huff before grabbing her bag and making her way into the bathroom. She had slept in her clothes so it was more of a matter of making herself presentable again. 10 minutes later, she emerged from the bathroom, all ready to go. Drew was putting the book on the lower shelf of the bedside table.

"What are you doing?" She asked curiously, peeking over his shoulder.

"I'm putting the book back, what does it look like?" He deadpanned. May rolled her eyes at him in annoyance.