Chapter 38: A Shining Possibility

This chapter is dedicated to A_Black_Spirit_Girl!!!! Thank you for binging this story XD your reviews made me laugh!! I hope I don't keep you up too late with this chapter! XD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Previously...

"Well, anyways, speaking of them, we should probably start thinking about what we're going to do for the contest. First we need to decide what pair we're going to do," he said.

"Right," she nodded.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It seemed they hadn't really got a break. Continuing on their way to Goldenrod, just shy of Len Town, they had the misfortune of stumbling across two Team Rocket Grunts. They had rounded up a bunch of the nearby Pokemon. There were a few Mareep tied up in one net, desperately trying to escape. There was another net with five confused looking slowpokes who didn't seem to understand was happening. In the last net were exhausted looking Drowzees, too tired to struggle.

He heard May gasp quietly next to him as he clenched his fist at the scene. The grunts were laughing and mocking the Pokemon as they tried to pick up the nets to load their four wheeler. He had put his hand on Roselia's pokeball as May let out her Blaziken. The fire type sent a sky uppercut at the net containing the Mareep. The net broke and the Mareep rolled out onto the ground before running away through the trees.

"Who's there!?" Grunt A snapped.

"Roselia, Razor Leaf," He said as he let Roselia out of her pokeball. The other two nets were shredded open, allowing the captured Pokemon to escape.

"How dare you!" Grunt B growled as he reached into his pocket and grabbed a pokeball.

"You'll be sorry!" He said as he threw it. A Raticate came out as Grunt A fished in his own pocket for a pokeball. In a second, Grunt A's Golbat joined alongside the Raticate.

"Who do you think you are! Golbat, Wing Attack!" Grunt A yelled.

"You'll regret messing with us! Raticate, Bite!" Grunt B threatened.

"How dare you treat innocent Pokemon like that!" May growled.

"Roselia, Petal Dance!"

"Flamethrower Blaziken!" The two attacks mixed, heading straight for Golbat. The combo struck the poison flying type sending it flying back to strike Raticate. Both Pokemon continued backwards until they knocked over the grunts like bowling pins. They shot up frantically and returned their Pokemon before scrambling towards their four wheeler. A stone slipped out of Grunt A's pocket but Grunt B pushed them along. With the roar of the engine and a final, "You'll pay for this!" The two flew off, escaping.

May blew a stray lock of hair out of her face with a puff of frustration. She frowned as she returned her Blaziken and then turned to him.

"I just don't understand why they're like that. Why do they do that!?" She huffed.

"I'll never know," he shrugged. He watched as Roselia curiously approached what Grunt A had dropped.

"Be careful Roselia! Who knows what that could be!" May warned. They quickly joined Roselia to investigate.

"It's a shiny stone!" May gasped. "But why did he have it?" She pondered.

"May," he laughed lightly as he put a hand on her shoulder. "They're thieves. My best guess was that it was stolen," he said. He noticed her cheeks darkening a bit at his touch. He quickly retracted his hand before the red could completely take over his own.

"We need to find who it belongs to," May said determinedly.

"How are we supposed to do that? It could belong to anyone," he reasoned. "Come on use your head, Bandana Brain," he teased. She pouted, part of her cheek puffing out cutely as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Well, then what are we supposed to do with it, oh great wise and intelligent one?" She asked. He let out a hearty laugh before grabbing it.

"It depends on what Roselia decides," he said, offering the stone towards Roselia. The grass type tilted its head curiously.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Roselia can evolve into Roserade using a shiny stone, but I think Roselia is powerful as she is. It's her decision if she wants to evolve. If you don't want to now, you can always change your mind later," he said. Roselia studied the stone for a few moments before coming to a conclusion and shaking her head. He smiled softly.

"Understood," he said as he put the stone in his bag. "But if you change your mind, it'll be in here. Whenever you want it," he said. He reached into his pocket to pull out Roselia's pokeball. As he pulled it out, May's hands covered his own, pushing it down.

"It's been awhile, why don't you let Roselia walk with us?" She suggested.

"Sure, why not," he smiled slightly before pocketing Roselia's pokeball. That started to prove to be a mistake because Roselia had some mischievous plans brewing. Roselia had been walking to the left of him when she suddenly shoved him into May. He bumped shoulders with her a little roughly as a result. She squealed in surprise.

"Sorry!" He turned to look down at the perpetrator. "Roselia! Knock it off will you," the Pokemon only responded with mischievous giggles that indicated no. He turned his head away from her as he blushed furiously.

The next offense was Roselia shooting a couple inconspicuous razor leafs to trip May into falling forward. She grabbed onto Drew's arm to steady herself. She quickly let go in embarrassment and stumbled over her words to form an apology. With a start, he suddenly realized that May was acting pretty flustered around him that day.

Typically she would just apologize quickly and be over it, but she was looking down, not able to look at him in the eye. He got ahead of himself and wondered if it was because she had developed feelings for him. He then shoved it down quickly. He needed to forget about his feelings, not feel so giddy about he possibly liking him back when he probably had it all wrong anyway.

May was tripped once again by the scheming Roselia and almost took him down that time. He turned to the offender with a very red face.

"Alright, back in your ball!" He huffed. With a cry of protest, Roselia was returned. He sighed as he fell back into step with May.

"Sorry," he said curtly.

"It's my fault, I asked to keep Roselia out," she said quietly. He just shrugged. Suddenly, May stumbled again, but due to her own clumsiness. She didn't crash into him though and was able to stabilize herself. She had to walk a few fast paces to catch back up to him, her hand brushing his as she fell back into step with him.

"Geez, you're hopeless," he said, ignoring his better judgment as he grabbed her hand, pulling her along at his pace. He felt her hand relax for a second before her grip tightened and her fingers slipped through the spaces between his.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-A/N-

Sooooo, what did you guys think? Unfortunately, I'm trying to match up to canon as best I can so I have to evolve Roselia, I'm sorry. Also, I have to evolve her Ivysaur too, which seems so fast, but she has to have a Venusaur when she leaves for Sinnoh so there's gonna be a lot of evolutions happening pretty fast. I'm sorry about that, but I'm trying to make it accurate and so my pacing has been a bit off so I have to rush the evolutions. I wanted to make some progress in their relationship a bit more so be prepared for lots of fluff in the upcoming chapters! I sooo wish I could just tell you my plan, but that would spoil everything so I can't! Anyways, hope you enjoyed! Until next time!

YouDontKnowShipping

PS! I meant to say this last chapter but I'm the worst because I always forget! Thank you for 7k reads! I really appreciate it!