Chapter 14: Teamwork

Previously...

She was sure he was angry or something when he had started talking about her, probably saying stuff like she had no talent but was suddenly improving and his frustration of giving him a run for his money.

What could Solidad know about Drew's innermost romantic feelings?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

She had looked really nice. Green definitely suited her, but maybe it was his bias for the color. He pushed down that weird feeling. She was his rival. Well, no, she was his friend. But then they don't seem like friends either. They were partners. Right. That was it. Just partners. There were plenty of things he couldn't tell her so there's no way they were friends. He tried not to let her new outfit distract him that much as they worked on some combo attacks. Beautifly and Masquerain worked really well together so they decided to try and play it safe for the first contest. It was in Violet City in two weeks, and while they had plenty of time to get there, their teamwork was rather lacking. They didn't understand each other very well. He was very calculative in his decisions, and she made them based off of her heart and how she was feeling. They were struggling to find a middle ground as they continued trying to throw an appeal routine together.

"Masquerain! Use bubble!" Drew said as Masquerain let out an array of bubbles.

"Beautifly, use silver wind!" May called and Beautifly let out a steady stream of wind. The bubbles all bursted raining water down on the both of them, not soaking them, but leaving them wet,

"May! We don't want to soak the audience or the judges with our performance! Come on! Why don't you try psychic or morning sun to try and add to the effect of the bubbles!" He said harshly. She let out a huff of annoyance.

"Fine! But you don't have to use bubble every single time! Got any other tricks up your sleeve or is that it?" She taunted. He glared at her.

"I'm trying to help us come up with combos that we can use and keep up our sleeves so after we come up with a few for bubble, we can work on some other moves," he seethed.

"Oh, so I'm only here to support you and only make your Pokemon look good! We are partners Drew! It's not all about just you and your Pokemon this time, it's about us!" May growled.

"Tch, I know that! We're just working on this one right now!" He said.

"Well it's not working!" She exclaimed.

"Clearly!" He retorted. "Whatever, let's take it from the top!" He said through gritted teeth.

"Bubble Masquerain!" He ordered. Beautifly and Masquerain danced around each other as Masquerain sent out bubbles around them.

"Beautifly! Psychic!" May exclaimed. Beautifly stopped the bubbles in motion before swirling them around and bringing them in around Masquerain and itself in a sphere before shooting the bubbles out in all directions, sending blue sparkles everywhere.

"That was good!" May cheered happily.

"It wasn't the best, but we can improve it," he said carelessly.

"So you're not happy we actually pulled something off that worked?" May said, starting to get angry again.

"Yeah, it may have worked, but that doesn't mean it was great, we have to make it perfect if we want to score well," he said, trying to make her understand the utmost importance of scoring the best. He was a slight perfectionist, sue him.

"Yeah, but we should also have fun with it too! Maybe improvise some stuff!" May disagreed.

"Well fun isn't enough to win the Grand Festival is it?" He growled.

"Well maybe if you tried to not be so uptight all the time and let loose, you might think differently. You don't have to constantly walk around with a chip on your shoulder! You're so frustrating! I can't believe I'm stuck with you because of the partner contests and I can't travel alone!" She shouted.

"Well you're no saint! Do you have any sense of self safety? You're too oblivious and someday you're going to get yourself hurt! I'm careful because I have to! And winning contests is FUN for me, that's why I have to pour my best into it because I know that there's a chance my next contest could be my last," he fired back, immediately regretting what he had just revealed.

"What?" She asked, still spite in her tone, but softer.

"Whatever! I'm going to train Cyndaquil," he said as he returned Masquerain and began to head off.

"Hey! Wait! Don't you dare walk away! What do you mean you're next contest could be your last! You jerk! Come back here! You can't put my career on the line without telling me! I SAID GET BACK HERE!" May roared as he walked away. His rage began to sink into guilt. Whenever it seemed like things were getting better between them, things just got worse. All the time they were spending together was really ruining their... well... whatever they had.

He was so frustrated. Why couldn't she just take training more seriously. It really bothered him. Finally, he let Cyndaquil out. Cyndaquil stretched and let out a yawn before turning to him and letting out an angry squeal as if to say 'how dare you keep me confined for so long,' and 'I can't believe you two are fighting again, make up you idiots!'

"Don't look at me like that," he said softly, looking away from Cyndaquil, his anger had fully quenched and the guilt set in. How does he always end up making things worse?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-A/N-

Hahaha I wrote this today just now XD. Anyways, I had a busy week cause I turned 16, and I've been absorbed by Percabeth fanfiction XD. I have so much stuff I want to write and read, there's never enough time for anything! I'm kinda overwhelmed. Seriously though, I might have some Percabeth and Percy Jackson stories or one shots and stuff, so look out for those XD maybe. I don't know. Anyways, until next time!

YouDontKnowShipping

Also, sorry that I keep making them fight XD it'll all work out eventually...