Chapter 28: Uncertainties

Previously...

"May! Drew!" A voice called suddenly. His head snapped towards the girl with pink brown hair running towards them with a short blonde girl trailing hesitantly behind.

"Brianna! Hi!" May exclaimed.

"It's so good to see you two!" She smiled brightly.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Are you here for the Azalea Town contest?" May asked. Brianna shook her head.

"Nope! Ellie and I are headed to Len Town! The contest there is in about a week and a half," Brianna said. Ellie hung behind Brianna, as if she was unsure if she was allowed into the conversation. She looked about a year younger than Brianna.

"So I see you found a partner! Your name's Ellie?" May asked, inviting the shy girl into the conversation. Ellie's blue eyes lit up in excitement.

"Yes, it's so great to meet you," she said politely. "I never thought I'd get the chance to meet two popular coordinators like you! Coordinators Monthly had a spread last month about the coordinators to watch out for this season and you two got a whole page," she said quietly.

"You're welcome, May," Drew said.

"For what?" May turned to him.

"It's because of me you're so popular," he smirked. She stuck her tongue out at him. She walked around him and stopped behind him.

"Hmm," she said.

"What are you doing?" He asked her, starting to turn around.

"Stop!" She exclaimed.

"What-"

"I can't find it!"

"Find what?"

"The deflate button! Your head's way too big!" Drew's eyes widened at her for a second before he started laughing.

"You really did all of that just for a dumb joke?" He said through laughs. She pouted.

"I thought it was good! Besides, you need to be knocked down a peg!" She huffed.

"Only one? That's an improvement," he said. Brianna looked back and forth at them as they bantered.

"Alright enough you two," Brendan interjected. May stuck her tongue out at Drew one last time for good measure.

"Are you guys going to be at the contest?" Brianna asked, getting them back on track of the original conversation.

"We didn't even know about it, but if we leave now, we should be able to make it by a day before. It's cutting it close," Drew said.

"I see..." Brianna trailed off, disappointedly.

"Plus, I told Brendan I would watch his gym battle," May said.

"Go," Brendan cut it.

"But-"

"You can watch a different one another time, I don't want to hold you back," Brendan smiled.

"Thank you so much, Brendan!" May said, giving him a hug.

"It was good to see you," he said.

"Same,"

"Are you two leaving right now?" Drew asked the girls.

"No, we have to wait for our Pokemon to heal, and then we're going to buy a couple things for the road," Brianna said.

"So we'll meet you in Len Town?" He asked. Brianna nodded. Suddenly, a pokeball opened, and May broke from her hug with Brendan to see Cyndaquil letting itself out. Brianna yelped in surprise.