Chapter 2: A BOY!?

-Recap-

"I can't believe I'm stuck traveling with you," May grumbled.

"Ouch, didn't realize you hated me so much. But who knows what you're thinking in your crazy bandana brain," Drew said, teasing her. He gently clenched his hand into a fist and gently knocked it against her head. Their eyes met each other. Cool sapphire and sharp emerald clashed, mixing together. The spell was broken when May stuck out her tongue deviously.

"But in all honesty, thank you Drew, for everything you've done for me today,"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

He blinked twice in shock at her thanks. He was caught off guard by the sincerity in her voice. It made him feel, very happy. And the way she smiled at him. Maybe, just maybe, he should make her smile more often. But he still wanted to see all the interesting faces she could throw his way. But the way she had been looking at him just a few seconds ago was bad for his heart.

"Yeah, sure thing, but you owe me now," he smirked at her. She groaned.

"Great, just what I need, to be indebted to my biggest rival and jerk of all, kill me now," May whined.

"Oh yeah, I'm such a jerk," Drew rolled his eyes. May pouted.

"95% of the time," she mumbled under her breath. Drew hid his soft smile at the comment. There was a brief moment of silence. May's face suddenly tinted a little red.

"Oh, feel free to sit down!" She said, showing him to the couch. It was one of the soft ones that when he rubbed his hand against it, the color darkened a little bit. Drew quickly found himself entertained, running his hands back and forth on the couch. He drew some squiggles and wiped them away.

"So, you wanted me to ride the boat to Jhoto with you?" May asked, bringing up what he said earlier. It had been spinning in her head.

"Uh, yeah, I don't know, I thought it would be interesting," Drew admitted. A dust of red coloring the tips of his ears.

"This whole traveling together will be interesting, I mean, we're a ticking bomb. You're the match, and I'm the fuse. When we meet, we tend to blow up in each other's faces," May laughed.

"Why do I have to be the match?" Drew complained.

"Because you always start everything, you jerk," May explained.

"I do not," Drew scoffed.

"You do too!" May accused.

"Ha! You started this!" Drew said victoriously.

"What!? No! You followed through with it! You could have said nothing!" May defended herself.

"But it was your accusation that started this," Drew fired back. They had shifted closer to each other in their argument, the sparks of rivalry between their foreheads beginning to form. Suddenly, a voice snapped them out of their argument.

"I figured you were here after I heard the loud voices," said Max as he stepped into the living room, adjusting his glasses. The two blushed in embarrassment. "What are you doing here Drew?" He asked, with a slightly annoyed expression on his face.

"I ran into him in town today, and he's staying for dinner," May explained leaving out the fact that she was going to travel with him. Max had been getting more protective over her recently, and she didn't know why.

"Oh okay," Max said. Suddenly it hit him. He started bursting out laughing.

"What's so funny Max?" May asked.

"You're not going to last a second, Drew!" Max cackled. He removed his glasses to wipe a tear away.

"What do you mean?" May asked. Then it hit her. "Oh-"

"Caroline, kids, I'm home!" Came Norman Maple's voice from the entryway.

"Dad!" May whispered hoarsely. Drew gulped.

"Welcome back, Dear!" Came Caroline's voice from the kitchen. Norman was suddenly visible from the living room as he stood in the hallway. He turned his gaze towards the living room.

"W-Welcome home Dad," May stuttered. He smiled warmly at his daughter until he saw the green haired boy sitting next to her. The angry tick mark appeared on his forehead while he still had a smile on his face, making him look extremely dangerous. Caroline joined him by his side and looked at him in confusion. He turned to her.

"Caroline, why is there a teenage boy in my house?" He asked, trying to suppress the rage in his voice that made it shake.

"I invited him to stay for dinner," Caroline said cheerfully. Suddenly the fuse that was his patience was burnt up and he exploded.

"WHAAAAAAAT!!!!" Norman roared. Drew's ghost hovered over his figure. Max was still cackling.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-A/N-

This is actually the first time in a really long time, I've actually enjoyed writing. It pains me to see that this isn't doing well because I absolutely love it, and it's my only story I'm genuinely happy writing right now. I had to force myself to write Defying Fate, and I have a fat writer's block for one shots. But I'm actually happy with the plot and what's going to happen in this story. There will be more frequent updates for a little while. More than what I've done in years.

I remember little baby me in 2016 pumping out a chapter of something every day pretty much. But all my enjoyment from writing had disappeared for a while. So from now on, I'm going to write what I want, when I want, for nobody but myself. When I first started, I just wanted to share all my alternate realities and stuff with everyone. But now, I'm a little rusty on the Pokémon anime. I've just moved onto better anime.

So this may be my last ever Pokémon fanfiction, I don't know. But I made this username so that I could spread to other fandoms and it's time I actually do so and not hold back because of low amounts of reads. But writing for Pokémon has been fun. I've done it for a little over 5 years now, however, I never read Pokémon fanfics anymore, and I think it's time I write what I want to.

YouDontKnowShipping