Chapter 11: To Capture a Cyndaquil

Previously...

"Come on!" Drew exclaimed, grabbing her wrist again and dragged her along. They ran up to Officer Jenny. May started to bend down to help her up, but Jenny reached up and slapped her hand away.

"Please, go after them! I'll catch up!" She ordered them. The two nodded before running after the grunts as they caught the sight of them turning the corner.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

May and Drew chased them all the way to the edge of the city as the grunts headed towards route 30.

"It'll be harder to track them once they get in the forest!" May exclaimed to him.

"Don't you think I know that!" He growled at her.

"Oh shut up!" She exclaimed before grabbing a Pokeball from her waistband and threw it as close to the fleeing women as possible. "Blaziken! Block their way and use sky uppercut on the cage!" May instructed as the Pokemon closed in the rest of the distance with its fast speed. Blaziken leaped over the grunts with its fist glowed white before it struck the cage, sending it flying out of one of the women's arms as she screamed in surprise.

Having evolved not long ago, Blaziken was still getting used to its new strength. The cage flew towards May and Drew, but they were too far to catch it. The Cyndaquil squealed in pain and shock as it crashed to the ground. The cage was dented from Blaziken's strike, but it had opened during the impact. The Cyndaquil had barely enough energy to climb out before it collapsed.

"May! You've got to be more careful, this Cyndaquil could have gotten really hurt, more than it is now! You and Blaziken need to figure out the workings of his evolution otherwise someone or something is going to get severely hurt!" Drew yelled at her as he sent out Roselia. The two grunts were quick to recover. They sent out their own Pokemon. One sent out a Raticate, and the other, a Golbat.

"Raticate use super fang!" One called.

"Golbat! Air cutter!" The other one ordered. Then they tried to run at May and Drew to get the Cyndaquil. Blaziken narrowly avoided the super fang, but was pushed back next to Roselia by the air cutter. Both took super effective damage from the attack. Drew quickly picked up the Cyndaquil, but the grunts were persistent, and ignored their Pokemon to start chasing after Drew.

Blaziken! Use blaze kick on the Golbat! Roselia, use magical leaf on the Raticate!" May ordered. Blaziken wasted no time in its attack, but Roselia turned back to look at her confused.

"Look, Drew's in a pinch, help me deal with this and then we can try to help him!" May said to the grass type. Roselia nodded before he let out the attack of leaves, hitting the Raticate on target. However, the opponent Pokemon were still standing. The Raticate went in for a crunch on Roselia.

"Blaziken! Sky uppercut on the Raticate!" May exclaimed as Blaziken sped over and knocked the Raticate up in the air before it could sink it's teeth into Roselia. But an unsuspected wing attack from Golbat sent Roselia flying back, dealing a lot of damage. May ran up and caught Roselia before he could hit the ground.

"Blaze kick!" May ordered as Blaziken flipped around to slam a fiery leg into the bat Pokemon, sending it flying into a tree where it's eyes became swirled in a knockout.

"Are you alright Roselia?" May asked the Pokemon in her arms.

"Rose," he said with a nod. May gently let him go before looking for Drew who was still trying to get away from the two grunts. Luckily, the Officer Jenny and reinforcements arrived at the scene with a frazzled Professor Elm. The Grunts attempted to escape, but were taken into custody.