Chapter 5: The Journey to Slateport pt 2

Previously

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"There is that better?" He said. May rubbed her eyes.

"Yes, I can actually see again," May said, satisfied. He narrowed his eyes at her in a slight glare.

"Good night May," he deadpanned and shut off the lights.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"May," she grumbled and rolled over, holding the covers close to her chest.

"May, come on," the voice sounded annoyed. After a moment of silence, she found herself being shaken. She let out a groan of refusal.

"May, get up!" And suddenly with a violent tug, the warm covers were cruelly ripped off of her. She curled into a ball to try and stay warm as she shivered.

"Geez, I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to wake you up," May rolled over and opened her eyes to see Drew, his face in an annoyed expression. She pushed him back as she sat up.

"Get out of my face," she grumbled.

"Good morning Sunshine, now get up," he said sarcastically. May rolled her eyes and sighed before she grabbed her bag and locked herself in the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for the day. She wondered if this was what it was going to be like every day traveling with Drew. Then again, he still hadn't decided if he was going to ditch her or not, but a part of her knew he probably wouldn't do that. Probably.

May could see them getting into a big fight and one of them leaving for a day or two, but they would make up and go back to insulting each other. Still though, he wouldn't leave her by herself to travel through Johto, especially with whatever her mom was so nervous about that would require somebody to travel with her. Gathering her thoughts and things, she left the bathroom to find the beds made and everything looking perfect.

"Thank you for cleaning up, I appreciate it," May said as he stood up, walking towards the door.

"Yeah whatever, come on let's grab some breakfast and be on our way," Drew said, opening the door for her.

"How chivalrous," May commented as she walked past him.

"don't patronize me," Drew grumbled, pulling the door shut behind him. "We'll be camping, and we won't be near a town until Slateport. We need to buy enough food for today and tomorrow," he said.

"Then we can buy some things before we leave, but let's eat breakfast first, I'm starving," May said, right as the smell of breakfast food overwhelmed her senses.

"You're driven by your stomach," he chuckled.

"So what? I'm hungry," May pouted at him.

"Yeah, and you eat a lot!" He told her. She glared at him and stomped on his foot with a decent amount of force.

"OW! What the heck May!" He winced in slight discomfort.

"I don't eat as much as Ash!" May defended herself.

"You eat more than me!" He exclaimed.

"That's because you eat meals the size of a dust particle!" She exaggerated.

"AHEM!" Nurse Joy's head appeared around the doorway into the dining hall.

"There are trainers still asleep and people trying to enjoy their breakfast, please keep it down to not disturb them," she warned them sweetly before disappearing. May and Drew both turned to each other, coming to a mutual agreement.