Chapter 22: Cyndaquil's First Battle

Hey guys! I have an important announcement at the bottom if you all would read the author's note and respond! That would be great!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Previously...

"Why did I want to tell her that?" He mumbled to himself, his face burning in embarrassment. He then covered his face with his hands. His was feeling the after effects of his nerves from the earlier conversation.

"What is happening to me?" He whispered to himself.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After a few more days of traveling down Route 32, May and Drew finally found a town to rest and restock. Bloomingvale was a town landscaped with many gardens. It was a lovely town but it was kinda weird. Everywhere May looked, there were Sunflora. Every person they had walked by had a Sunflora at their side. She looked at Drew with her eyebrows raised, questioning if he knew what was going on. He met her gaze and shrugged slightly with an expression just as confused as her. The strangeness didn't stop when they walked into the Pokemon center. Instead of the usual Chansey that accompanied Nurse Joy, the Bloomingvale Nurse Joy had a Sunflora companion. They left their Pokemon with her to be healed up and got a key for their room. They went up the stairs and settled their things down. They finally brought up the excessive amount of Sunflora.

"This place is weird, why does everybody and their mother have a Sunflora?" May asked, completely baffled.

"I don't know. it's not exactly a popular Pokemon," Drew said. She furrowed her brows before pulling out her PokeNav from her backpack pocket. She sat down on her bed and looked up the town. She felt the mattress dip beside her as Drew sat down. He leaned in to see her screen. Swallowing the lump in her throat, May tapped the link of a website talking about the town.

"Bloomingvale, the Solar Town. Apparently it's famous for its Sunflora Festival every summer," May said.

"Well, that explains it," Drew said as he stood up. "We should probably go and stock up on some supplies while we're here," he went over and slung his bag over his shoulder. The two went back downstairs and retrieved their Pokemon from Nurse Joy and headed out into the town.

Some Sunflora were sunbathing while others were lifting weights. Then there were some playing together happily. As if sensing that some Pokemon were playing, Cyndaquil invited himself out, excitedly running around and weaving in and out between their legs.

"Hey! Cyndaquil! Cut it out!" Drew exclaimed.

"Cyn Cyn!" He laughed before shooting off towards the Sunflora that were playing.

"Hey! Get back here!" May and Drew chased after. The Sunflora weren't exactly sure what to make of Cyndaquil as he ran circles around them. His energy was short lived when one of the Sunflora's trainers sprayed Cyndaquil with a hose. The fire Pokemon cried out in pain. Drew looked up to see the perpetrator.

"Hey! What'd you do that for?" He snapped at the man. He bent down to pick up the soaked Cyndaquil who was whimpering.

"That thing was bothering the Sunflora! They don't like fire type Pokemon!" The man spat.

"Spraying it with a hose was completely unnecessary though!" May exclaimed.

"Well if you knew how to watch your Pokemon, we wouldn't have this problem!" The man accused. "Plus, that Cyndaquil's a weakling if a little water hurts it that much," he said smugly.

"What did you just say?" Drew growled.

"You heard me, boy," the man said, walking menacingly towards them.