Chapter 32: The Len Town Contest

This chapter is dedicated to PokeWolfPack for always commenting on every chapter! Your feedback means so much to me and I'm glad you take the time to comment on my chapters. You always say such nice things! I really appreciate you and I hope this can convey it to you!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Previously...

That was it. No confessions of love brought on by the romantic atmosphere. They were back to back, not even touching each other. Still, knowing she was there made it difficult for him to relax and fall asleep. Soon his exhaustion overpowered his anxiety and he fell asleep. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There was one thing Drew had learned recently. May was a sleep cuddler. Which was enough to convince him the universe was against him when he woke up with her pressed against his back with his shirt clenched in her fists and her legs tangled in his. His head was fuzzy but his heart was thudding like a freight train. She was actually going to kill him. He began to try and escape but she whimpered and her grip became stronger. Drew let out a very manly squeak when she nuzzled her head against his back.

He was tempted for a second to lay there but he knew it wouldn't be good if she woke up with them like this. It took him a few minutes to pry her away from him and he sighed in relief when he broke free. As he got ready for the day, his mind wandered.

Of course it came back to May. He knew he had to forget his feelings for her because after this grand festival, he would probably never see her again. He's thought this so many times and still let his heart pine. When it's something he just can't have, the more he wants it. He's broken the rules and left home to become a coordinator, but no matter how much he wanted it, he couldn't have her. Somehow instead of shutting his feelings down, that knowledge only seemed to increase the longing.

Several hours later, May and Drew were registered for the contest and were sitting backstage talking to Brianna and Ellie.

"I'm so excited! I'll get to show you how much I've grown and hopefully beat you two!" Brianna said confidently. Ellie gave her a bewildered look.

"Don't forget about me! I'm terrified!" Ellie said.

"Why? If you're nervous your Pokemon can feel it and they won't perform well," May said.

"Well, you two are famous coordinators and we might actually get the chance to battle against you!" Ellie said.

"Just because we're famous coordinators doesn't mean we aren't normal people, you don't have to be so nervous!" May advised.

"Like you're normal?" He teased her. She rolled her eyes at him.

"Like you are either?"

"I'm very normal thank you," he said, flicking his hair.

"Not as normal as me," she said.

"Both of you are strange," Brianna interrupted. Everyone laughed at her interjection. "Anyways, now that we got that cleared up, looks like Ellie and I are up for appeal," She said as she stood up.

"Good luck!" May said cheerfully.

"Thanks!" Brianna smiled brightly.

Brianna and Ellie's appeal routine was grass focused, with Brianna using Hoppip and Ellie using Oddish. It was pretty solid and they scored a 26.3.

"Nice job!" May congratulated them when they came back.

"Thanks!" The two girls said in sync. Before they knew it, it was their turn to go out on stage.