Chapter 18: Violet With a Hint of Green

Previously...

"Okay sure, that's fine I guess. Be prepared for the best tour ever tomorrow!" She said excitedly as she shut the bathroom door behind her.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

He really regretted agreeing to let her give him a tour. The one time she decided to wake up early. She had her hands laced under his elbow and she was trying to pull him out of his bed. Sure, he was an earlier riser, but it took him a while to actually fully wake up, May apparently was too excited to sleep in later, therefore attempting to drag him out of bed before he was fully awake.

"Geez! Why are you so heavy!?" She exclaimed after pulling him several times.

"You're just weak," he said as he tried to roll over, but her grip on his arm prevented him from rolling all the way. "Let go, May," he grumbled.

"Who's weak now? Come on! There's so much to show you! And we need to get registered and practice!" She said animatedly.

"Yes, I know, but give me a few minutes to wake up," he said exasperatedly.

"Hmph, guess you're not really a morning person after all," May laughed. He frowned.

"I'm more of one than you," he shot back.

"Then get up and prove it!" She growled as she pulled harder. She managed to pull him towards her just a little, until he decided that he had enough and pulled back. May didn't expect it though and she was pulled forward, her head landing on his chest. After a second, she immediately let go of his arm and fell back to the floor. He could feel his face heating up as he looked away from her. He peeled his covers off of him and grabbed his bag.

"I'm getting changed," he said quietly as he walked past her to go into the bathroom. He splashed cold water on his face. Maybe it would cool down his blush. That was embarrassing. Why did he pull back, he should have known that would have happened. He was so stupid. He opened his bag and pulled out his day clothes. As he took his sweatshirt off, he looked at it for a moment. May had picked it out, and forced him to get it. He wasn't sure how that made him feel. He shoved it in his bag and put on his black long sleeved shirt and his purple short sleeved jacket that May claimed "needed a rest." He finished getting ready and went back into the main room. May had since moved back to sit on her bed.

"Well? You ready to go? Are we eating here or getting something out?" He asked as he slung his backpack over one shoulder.

"I know this great breakfast place! It's called Violet Morning! I just adore the purple theme in this city. Anyways, we used to go there when I was younger," May said excitedly.

"Alright, that sounds good," he said, holding the door open for her.

"So begins the grand tour!" She exclaimed.

"After breakfast," he reminded her.

"After breakfast!" She repeated. They headed out of the Pokemon Center. Roselia was happily walking alongside him. That was until Cyndaquil once again burst out uninvited and chased Roselia hyperly in between Drew's legs.

"Cyndaquil! Stop it now!" He said. Roselia cried out in distress and May was being no help laughing at him. Sighing, he picked up the fiery Pokemon. Cyndaquil let out a sound similar to a laugh before crawling out of his grip and onto his arm to settle on his head.

Cyndaquil: 50 Drew: 0

May said random facts as they headed to the breakfast joint.

"Did you know Violet City is called The City of Nostalgic Scents?" He shook his head. "Well it certainly does feel nostalgic being back here," she grinned. "Oh! And Violet City is practically in the middle of the Johto region! It's not the biggest city here, but it's the geographical heart!"