Chapter 36

AN: Okay so that came a lot quicker than I expected soooo here's the update. :))

I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was still in the hospital. I let out a soft sigh and then closed my eyes again. I wished I had more medicine so that I could go back to sleep and forget everything that happened.

The day after you take ecstasy, everything is so depressing because nothing is like what you experienced the night before. So today I felt the effects. Everything felt so boring and bland. It was all lifeless. Even my body felt like sludge, or maybe that was just the hangover?

As I laid there with my eyes shut, I tried to push back what had happened with Zayn. A few tears slipped out of my eyes as I thought about everything. There was nothing I could do now. Zayn and I were done. He hated me.

There was nothing I could do to fix this. The past was already behind us and I couldn't magically go back to change it.

Suddenly I heard someone cough and I opened my eyes. I turned to the side to see Zayn sitting in the chair looking at me.

"Zayn," I gasped and sat up, but my head hurt so I had to lie back down. "Zayn..." I started crying and he moved the chair over closer to me. "Please forgive me, Zayn." My heart thudded and my fingers turned cold as ice as I waited for him to do or say something.

"Ava..."

"Listen," I said softly. "I was messed up and not in the right mindset. I'm a horrible person, I'm aware. If you don't want to be with me, I understand. But you are the only thing I have right now. I don't have parents. I have you. And only you. So please don't leave me," I pushed the tears away. "I'm so in love with you that I don't know what I'd do if you left. Please, Zayn."

"Ava..." Zayn said quietly. I could smell the weak smell of smoke on him. He must've gone outside to smoke. "I'm so in love with you that I don't know what I'd do without you. But what you did is so...hurtful that I can't..." His voice broke and he looked down at the floor. "I don't know what to do. You are such an amazing girl, but you surround yourself with toxic people, Ava."

"I'm trying to change, Zayn. I'm trying to change for you." I begged and looked at him. "Please. I will never be able to be sorry enough for what happened."

"Ava..."

"Zayn, please. I can't live without you," I gasped and Zayn took my hands in his.

"I'm not leaving you," He said sternly and looked back up at me. "I just...you need to get people like Nicole out of your life."

"I will. I promise." I stared in his eyes as tears fell down my face. I needed him. I couldn't be without him. I couldn't imagine a life without him. "Zayn, I will do anything." I grabbed his hands tightly and continued looking up at him. "I love you, Zayn." I waited for a response but Zayn put is head down. "Zayn?" I gasped as I looked at him. I stared at his hair for a few seconds in silence.

His shoulders started shaking lightly, "I love you too, Ava," He looked back up at me with teary eyes. He lifted my cold hands up and kissed them lightly. "I love you more than anything, Ava. I'll never give up." I started sobbing and bent my head down.

Zayn let go of my hands and lifted my head up softly. He stood up and bent down over me. He gave me a long hug as we both sobbed into each other. I grabbed at his back as hot tears spilled on his shoulders. We pulled away a little while longer and Zayn sat down on my bed.

"Ava," I heard a voice and a doctor appeared in the doorway. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Doctor Gardener."

"Nice to meet you too," I smiled up at her. Zayn climbed off the bed and sat down in the chair beside me but continued holding my hand. A feeling of warmth returned to my body and I felt alive again. I had a purpose.