Chapter 15

“I jumped onto the roof and then onto the ground. I just barely got away,” I lied to him. I wasn’t going to tell him what really happened. He didn’t deserve the real truth. He didn’t even deserve to be talking to me

“Wow, that’s insane,” He smiled. I couldn’t help but be dazzled by his smile. “Well, I’m having another party this weekend, you’re invited.”

“I’m doing stuff with my family this weekend, maybe another weekend,” I smiled and started rolling up the window.

“Okay, bye,” He smiled and walked off.

I turned the heat on high and started driving off. I got home quickly and then walked inside. The house was freezing cold, so I turned the heat on. I didn’t have much homework, so I just decided to watch an episode of Breaking Bad. I barely paid attention to the episode because it was one that I had already seen, so I just goofed off on my phone.

When the episode was done, I searched the kitchen for a snack. I found some crackers so I ate one and it tasted stale. Well, that sucks. I grabbed a banana and ate it as I sat down on the couch. I pulled my homework out and started it.

The homework didn’t take long at all and I finished it in an hour, given the fact that I was distracted by some TV on the TV. When I finished, I saw that it was nearly five. Zayn would be getting out now. I walked up to my room and decided to call him. The familiar ringing sound started and it rung twice before he answered.

“Zayn…” I said in a sexy voice as I paced around my bedroom. My room was a little cold so I had my arms wrapped around myself.

“Hi, Ava,” He chuckled. My heart raced as he answered the phone. Just hearing his voice made me get so excited. His accent was absolutely amazing and I could listen to him talking for an hour.

“I’m gonna go for a run, wanna join?” I smiled.

“Sure, I just got home so give me a few minutes.”

“Yeah, I haven’t even gotten dressed yet.” I smiled and said goodbye to him. I hung up and got dressed quickly. I got to my car just as my parents pulled up.

“Where are you going? We haven’t seen you at all,” My mom smiled sweetly. She seemed to have forgotten all of the nasty words that were exchanged.

“I’m going for a run, I’ll see you when I get back,” I got into my car quickly so that they wouldn’t be able to ask any more questions. I pulled out quickly and drove down the street to Zayn’s house. When I got there, I walked in and saw him drinking a glass of water. “Ready to go?”

* * *

My legs were throbbing and I was gasping for air as Zayn and I ran. I looked next to me and saw that Zayn was keeping up with me. Sure, I wasn’t going fast, but we had been running for a while. I was surprised by his stamina. We slowed down our pace so that we were both walking. I looked over at Zayn who had a big smile on his face.

“So is this where you went the other day?” He asked as we walked along the pond. Since it was cold out and the day was ending, nobody was really there. The trail closed at sunset so we would have to hurry to make it to the end. I was glad that it was cold though because then I would be sweating more than I already was.

“Yeah,” I smiled and opened my jacket up. I was just wearing a sports bra underneath and I was incredibly sweaty. Zayn gave me a look. “What?”

“Isn’t it a little cold?” He smirked. I could tell he was staring at my chest; he just couldn’t help himself, now could he?

“Not at all,” I smiled and took off the rest of my jacket. “Maybe I should just go topless…?” I winked at him and started lifting up my bra.