Chapter 42

I woke up and didn’t notice anything for a few seconds. My mind was fuzzy and I was extremely tired. But then I looked over and saw that Zayn was driving his car. “Good morning, sleepyhead,” He said sweetly as I stirred. I remembered that we were going to Chicago for his cousins wedding.

“Morning,” I groaned and leaned my head against his shoulder. Heat blew on my body lightly, keeping me warm. “I don’t even remember getting up.” I yawned and looked up at him with my sleepy eyes. He smiled down at me and the looked back at the road. Even at such an early hour, Zayn still managed to look effortlessly beautiful. He looked well rested and just plain beautiful while I imagined I looked quite the opposite.

“You hardly got up,” He chuckled. “You got dressed and then collapsed back on the bed. I really didn’t want to get you up, so I carried you out to the car…”

“No, you didn’t,” I scoffed and looked up at him. Had he really carried me to his car? I had absolutely no recollection of it ever happening. That was so sweet of him to do that for me.

“Oh, yes, I did,” He smiled at me and took my hand. I felt shivers travel through my body as he touched my hand. Such a simple thing made my heart go wild. “We’ll be at the hotel in half an hour, so you can go back to sleep if you want.”

“No, I’m fine,” I smiled and kissed his hand sweetly. “Do you want me to drive at all?” I offered because he had been driving the entire time.

“I’m good for now,” He said and then turned the heat up a little bit. I angled the heater at myself more so that it would keep me toasty warm.

“So…what am I going to be wearing for the wedding?” I asked a few minutes later. We had pulled off of the highway and were driving through the city. I hadn’t been to the city in a while so it was amazing to look at all the huge buildings and all of the different types of people.

“I have no clue,” He shrugged. “Either some traditional dress or something non-traditional.”

“What are you wearing?”

“A tux,” He smiled. I couldn’t wait to see him in a tux. If I thought he was sexy in uniform, I couldn’t wait to see him in a tux. I just hoped it was well fitting and made him look hot, which wasn’t hard.

“You’re going to look so handsome,” I looked at him and he blushed a bit. We continued driving to the city and then finally came up to the hotel. The building was absolutely huge and I was in awe as we got out of the car. Zayn gave the keys to the valet who ran right up to the car the minute we pulled up. It was freezing cold outside and the cold air hit my body when a man opened my door and helped me out of the car. The valet opened the trunk to get at our bags. More men came to the car and unloaded all of our bags. All of the men were dressed very nicely.

Zayn placed his hand on the small of my back and led me inside. We walked into the lobby and up to the front desk. I was glad to get out of the chilly air and inside the lobby. Zayn checked in as I looked around at the huge lobby. It amazed me how much wealth some people had. I felt very out of place in my jeans and shirt while people were walking around in fancy clothes. I could feel their judging eyes on me and it made me feel like I was under a microscope.

“Ready to go, darling?” I felt Zayn behind me and I nodded. We got to the elevator quickly and he punched the floor number in. By how many numbers he pressed, I could tell we were near the top of the hotel. Even the elevator was extremely fancy, which I had expected. I looked up and saw that the ceiling of the elevator was a mirror.

“It’s so beautiful here,” I said as I leaned against Zayn in the elevator. I was still a little tired from sleeping, but I would wake up soon. He wrapped his arm around my waist and his fingers caressed my skin through my shirt.