Chapter 62

"Thank you all so much for participating in this small course," The police chief said as we all sat on the bleachers. A lot of the girls had some sweat stains because of the activity they had done. I really wanted Zayn to come over and talk with me, but he was too busy with the idiotic girls in my grade. "If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of the officers present." Everyone applauded and then the principal walked out without a microphone this time. He must've realized that it was pointless.

"How about a round of applause for the members of the police department that came and taught you these lifelong skills!" Everyone started clapping for the officers who didn't really seem to care whether we appreciated it or not. "Since the bell is about-" He was cut off by the bell and everyone stood to go. "Feel free to ask the officers any questions you have."

I grabbed my bag and was about to go walk down to Zayn when I saw a group of girls heading towards him. Jealousy sparked inside of me as I watched them approach him. He had a smile on his face as he talked to them, but it could have just been because he had to look happy to help them. I knew what his genuine smile looked like and they would never know. I made my way down and watched them until I was in the group myself which took longer than I had hoped.

"So have you ever, like, arrested someone?" One of the stupidest girls in my grade asked. She was giving Zayn the look that she gave to guys when she wanted to f.uck them.

"Yes, plenty of times," He smiled at her. I could tell his smile wasn't genuine, but she couldn't. His eyes caught mine and a real smile appeared on his face. He continued answering questions for a few more minutes until all of the girls walked away with big smiles on their faces. I made my way to Zayn and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Not here, babe." He pushed my arms off lightly and I stood in front of him with an angry look on my face.

He had me basically sit through torture and then brushed me off. "Why? Embarrassed to show your co-workers that you have a girlfriend?" I spun on my heel and walked out of the gym. I didn't want to embarrass him any further and I was absolutely pissed at him, so why not give him what he wants?

"Ava..." I heard Zayn close behind me and then his hand was on my wrist. He spun me around and pushed me against the brick wall outside the gym. I looked up and saw his beautiful face before mine. "I'm sorry, baby." I was glad everyone else had gone because the final bell had rung. I don't think the principal would take to kindly to seeing me pushed up against a wall with an officer.

"How was that supposed to be a surprise? I had to listen to a bunch of girls talking about how hot you are and how much they want to f.uck you! They were all acting like idiots down there to get one on one attention with you!" I explained and pushed past him. I didn't know what he had expected. He knew he was sexy and he probably knew that a bunch of teenage girls would think he was sexy.

"Are you jealous?" He smirked and followed me down the hallway. I could hear his footsteps coming closer to mine. He caught up to me and stopped me by grabbing my arm. He had a habit of doing that. "Well?"

"No," I sighed and looked away from him. I didn't want to admit that I was, of course.

"You are," He smiled and started chuckling.

"Don't laugh at me. You didn't have to listen to it all," I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I didn't, but I understand how you're feeling," He explained and kissed my nose softly.

"Do you?" I questioned. He sighed and looked back over his shoulder.

"Babe, I do. But I have to go help pack up or I'll get in trouble," He ran his fingers through his hair. He took his keys out of his pocket and handed them to me. "Go sit in my car and wait for me. We can talk this over then."