Chapter 5

I walked through the front door and saw that all of the lights in the house were on. A few empty beer bottles were strewn around, a few of them broken.

I stepped forward to start cleaning it up and my foot landed in something wet. A broken beer bottle that once had been full of beer that was now emptied onto the floor.

Fuck. Why did my parents have to do this so often? I was exhausted and now I had to clean up the kitchen. Well, I didn't have to, but if I didn't do it now, I would be woken up next morning and be forced to do it.

I stepped forward even more, avoiding the rest of the puddle and went to work on cleaning. First, I threw away all of the cups, plates, and whole bottles that my parents had left lying around. I did all of the dishes and wiped down the counters.

I then went to the cupboard and got rolls of paper towels. I laid them over the puddle and let it soak as I swept up some shards of broken glass. I cut my fingers on one and had to get a band-aid, but that was the worst of my injuries.

I picked up the wet paper towels and put some more down, wiping away the beer. I swept the floor and then sprayed the floor with Windex to clean it up.

What a way to spend my Saturday morning, even if it was 2 AM.

When I finished cleaning, I slowly walked upstairs and collapsed on my bed. I was damn tired and I didn't care about my outfit or the fact that I had makeup on.

I just wanted to escape the world for 8 or so hours.

* * *

I woke up the next morning to my sound buzzing and vibrating underneath my pillow. Who the f.uck was calling me on a Saturday morning?

I yanked my phone out from under my pillow and saw that it was nearly 1. Well, Saturday morning for me.

It was Nicole calling me, "What the hell do you want? You just woke me up." I barked into the receiver with my groggy voice. I was in the middle of my extremely well deserved rest. I was tired from f.ucking naughty officer the night before and I just wanted to relax.

"Calm down," Nicole giggled. "I'm outside. Get dressed, we are going for breakfast."

"What if I don't want to go?" I questioned her.

"Then I'll drag you out of bed, let's go." Nicole said and hung up the phone. She didn't give me a second to protest and I knew that she actually would drag me out of bed; she had done it before. I had no choice but to get up or get dragged out of bed.

I walked over to my window and saw her leaning on the hood of her car. I gave her the finger and she blew me a kiss. If she wanted me to get ready, I would take my damn time.

I took a hot shower and watched the water rinse the black makeup off my face. When I got out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around myself and brushed my hair. I decided to braid it and make it looked less shitty.

When I finished, I put concealer and a little mascara on. I pulled on a sweater and jeans and made my way down to the car. I assumed that it was cold and it was. I wrapped my arms around myself as I walked to Nicole's car and climbed in. The heat was blasting so I put my hands up to the heat.

"Nice of you to finally get here, princess," Nicole rolled her eyes and hopped off the hood of her car. "How can you look like a f.ucking model right after waking up?"

I gave her a weird look and continued warming my hands. I totally didn't look like a model, Nicole just didn't know what a model looked like. "Why are we going for breakfast if its 1?"