Chapter 52

We had been driving for twenty minutes and suddenly hit traffic. And I mean bad traffic. It was to the point where we hadn't moved in at least five minutes. "Damn it!" I groaned in frustration as I looked at all of the red brake lights in front of me. I just wanted to get home so we could try out the new things we had bought...

"No need to be upset, darling," Zayn chuckled and rested his hand on my knee. "We don't have anywhere to go until I have work and you have school tomorrow."

"Ugh, don't mention it," I sighed and tried to think of anything besides school. "I wish you were in your cop car so you could just put your siren on and blast right through this mess..."

"You think I would do that?" He chuckled and looked at me like I was insane.

I raised my eyebrow and smirked, "Like you haven't done it..."

"How can you be so sure?" He smiled and squeezed my knee lightly.

"Because you don't seem like such a law abiding citizen, my dear," I smiled as I looked out the window only to see a middle aged man smoking a cigar next to us. I turned my head away in disgust and looked back at the god sitting next to me.

"I am the law, sweetheart," He chuckled. "And I've only done it once..."

"I knew it!" I shot up and slapped his shoulder as he doubled over laughing. "Well, now you have to explain why you did it."

"Hmm..." He thought for a second before turning to me. I think we both realized that we weren't moving anytime soon so it would be fine to just talk. "I was bringing papers from our station to another one about two hours away. I left at like 4:30 and then I hit the worst traffic I had ever been in. I mean we stayed in the same place for half an hour."

"So you got annoyed and just hit the siren?"

"Hardly," He chuckled. "After about 15 minutes in the same spot, I realized that I had to pee."

"Oh god."

"I waited for an hour and a half with a full bladder. It was so painful and I didn't even have a bottle to pee in or anything!"

"You would've peed in a bottle?" I scrunched my face up.

"I was desperate!" He held his hands up in defense. He looked forward and saw that the cars were moving a little so he bumped up the speed to a fast 2 mph. But soon we were stopped again. "It was hurting so much and now we were about a 15 minutes away from the nearest rest area, but with the traffic it would have been around 45 minutes. There was no way I was going to be able to wait that long. So I flicked my siren on and slowly made my way to the rest area."

"You've never done it since then?" I giggled.

He shook his head, "No, I wouldn't do that just because I was bored."

"Are you sure? My opinion of you has changed a little now that I know you break some rules..." I smirked as watched him chuckle at my sarcastic reaction.

"Oh really now? If I had been a rule follower, we wouldn't have f.ucked in the back of my car, now would we?" He cocked his head to the side.

"True..." I sighed and looked out at the traffic. It started moving again but we only moved about ten feet. "In that case I'm kind of glad that you are a rule breaker."

"Me too," He smiled and took my hand. He kissed my hand before resting it on his thigh. "So when we get home, you might want to check the mail?"

"Why?" I was so confused as to why he was bringing up the mail. Did he buy me a present or something?