Chapter 66

I had to admit that Zayn was gaining on me during the last lap. My foot was pressed against the gas as hard as it would go. I nearly got wiped out a few more times by little 12 year olds and I would probably end up screaming at that if they ruined my chances of winning.

Way ahead of us, one of the people started blockading the rest of the circle so we would be forced to go to the lines.

"I'm gonna win, Ava!" I heard Zayn shout from behind me.

"Eat my dust!" I shouted back and rocketed around another corner. I ended up winning by a long shot and went straight into the line. Zayn was a few cars behind me and had a big smile on his face. Everyone climbed out of their cars and made their way for the exit.

"Excellent race, my dear," I heard Zayn whisper in my ear and I giggled when I felt his hands on my hips. He squeezed lightly and I was afraid that he would start tickling me but thankfully he didn't. I didn't want to scream because of his tickles in public.

"Seems to me that I won every single thing today, huh?" I smiled and felt his hand in mine.

"Looks like it," He chuckled and kissed my cheek quickly. We found where the small food court area was and looked at the menu that was nailed to the wall. "Order me whatever you're getting. I'm going to get us a table." I nodded as he kissed my cheek and walked off.

I ended up ordering chicken fingers and French fries for both of us. I knew he liked Coke so I got him a large and myself a small Sprite. I waited for our food to come while turned towards Zayn.

He would occasionally wink at me or make a funny face which would cause me to blush and giggle. I really hoped that nobody else saw the faces he was doing...

I brought our food over to the table when it finally came and placed Zayn's in front of him. "Looks good." He smiled up at me and squirted ketchup all over the fries.

"You're so weird," I commented as I got my own ketchup.

"How so?"

"Why do you squirt your ketchup all over your fries?" I questioned and he gave me a confused looking face.

"That's why I'm weird?" He chuckled, shaking his head. "I can say plenty of things that would make you weird in my book..."

"Let's hear them then," I raised an eyebrow and waited with a smirk on my face.

"Hm, well you wash your face first in the shower," He started. We both knew that the first thing Zayn washed in the shower was...

"That's just preference!"

"So is putting ketchup on your fries instead of on the sides," He winked and stuck a fry in his mouth. I scowled at him and then started eating my chicken fingers.

"Hm, this tastes like victory," I smiled and bit into another chicken finger.

"Apparently it also tastes like defeat," He winked and I shoved him with my elbow. We both finished eating our chicken fingers a few minutes later and threw our trash away. As we were walking back to the car, Zayn took my hand and kissed my cheek. "Thank you so much for such an amazing date."

"Aw, I'm glad you had fun," I kissed his cheek back. "But it's not over yet."

"Oh, really? What else do you have planned?" Surprise was evident on his face as we got to the car and I hopped in the driver's seat.

"You'll find out soon enough," I smiled and watched him try to think of something to ask. He knew he wasn't going to get anything out of me so he would have to wait.

This last idea was spontaneous. I had the idea that we would watch the sunset together but I needed to find a good place to do it. I drove around aimlessly for a few minutes before I decided that driving to my high school would be the best option. I knew a way to sneak up to the roof where there would be the perfect view. We would be over the tree line and nobody would be there to bother us.