Chapter 82

I woke up the next morning to the sound of Zayn's alarm. He had set it so that we would get up at 8:15 and leave by 9. It took about 45 minutes to get to the jail so he wanted to make sure we enough time. Also, I had to be there an hour early for processing purposes. I heard Zayn turn the alarm off and then his arms were wrapped around me.

"It's time to get up," His groggy voice said against my skin. I groaned softly before spinning myself around to face him.

"You don't have to go..." I sighed as I ran my fingers through his hair. I felt bad that he was going to spend the entire day just waiting for me.

"I'm going." He said sternly before kissing me and climbing out of bed. "Want to shower?" He asked me as he walked to the bathroom.

"I showered last night, but I'll make us breakfast," I smiled and sat up. He turned around and smiled at me before walking over. He kissed me softly and then held my face in his hands as he kissed me harder. "What was that for?" I giggled.

"You looked very kissable, my dear," He chuckled and shut the door to the bathroom. I felt butterflies rise inside my body as I got out of bed and started getting dressed. I figured that I would be there for a while so I put on a pair of yoga pants and boots. I also had no clue whether it would be cold or warm so I decided to wear a plain white shirt and put a thick sweater over it.

I made my way downstairs and started making blueberry pancakes for Zayn and myself. I knew he would appreciate having blueberry pancakes so I made him two. It was the least I could do for him.

As I stood there making the pancakes and then waiting for one side to be done, I couldn't help but feel nervous. I hadn't seen my parents in months and the last time I had seen them was when they had attacked me. I chose not to go to their hearing or their sentencing because I was afraid that it would bring up old memories, memories that I wasn't so fond of.

But now I was stronger and I had Zayn to fall back on. I knew that if it was a bad meeting Zayn would be right there to comfort me and hold me. My parents weren't my main safety blanket, so to speak. Zayn was the one that would be there for me through the thick and the thin.

Despite all of this, the nerves still found their way in. I was strong, but was I strong enough to hear hateful comments from my parents? I wouldn't assume that they would go off on me after seeing me for the first time in a while, but you never know.

Zayn came down a minute later and I spaced out in front of the pancakes. The sound of his feet pulled me from my thoughts and reminded me to flip the pancakes. "Mm, blueberry pancakes," He smiled as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I didn't feel self-conscious compared to last night, which was good. "You know me well."

"I would hope so," I giggled and turned around to kiss his cheek. His lips suddenly pressed against mine and took my breath away. He pulled away with a smile before sitting down and putting his shoes on. "Someone's eager to go..."

"I just don't want you to be late," He said sweetly and continued tying his laces. I finished his two pancakes and put them on a plate so he could start eating. I started making mine as he poured syrup all over the pancakes. "These are delicious, babe." I turned around to see him smiling with his mouth full of half chewed pancake. He's such a child.

* * *

"Are you okay?" Zayn asked as he drove. We were about halfway there and my nerves were getting the best of me. My fingers were cold and I felt like I was going to be sick.

"Yeah, why?" I tried to act like nothing was wrong.

"You have barely spoken this entire time. Are you sure you want to see your parents?" The concern in his voice was evident. I didn't even have to look at him to know that he was worried. He had no idea what I was bringing myself into and neither did I.