Chapter 21

“Okay,” He said softly and then I felt him pick me up. My body felt weightless. The next thing I knew, I was in his cop car and he was driving me somewhere. I looked out the window with my blurry vision and saw houses flying by.

“What happened to my parents?” I gasped as he drove somewhere. I had been silent for a few minutes and Zayn didn’t push me to speak.

He bit his lip before sighing quietly. I could tell he didn’t want to tell me what had happened to them. “They got arrested for drug dealing,” He said softly. My eyes widened and I started crying more. I could tell Zayn wanted to comfort me but he didn’t know how. He pulled up at his house and got out of the car quickly. I was surprised when I felt his arms around me as he picked me up. He carried me inside quickly and then put me on the counter of the kitchen.

I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. I missed the familiar feeling. I missed his smell. I missed everything about him. My hands grasped onto his shoulders like they were the last thing that was keeping me alive.

Zayn pulled away and frowned at me when he saw I was still crying, “Everything’s going to be okay.” I nodded and started crying again. “What happened to your neck…?” He asked me and he tilted my head up to get a better look. His fingers lightly touched over my neck and I realized that there were probably bruises or red marks from my dad choking me.

“My dad choked me because I slapped him,” I coughed and buried my head in my hands. Zayn’s arms were around me again. His warmth and body shielded me from everything else. We sat like that for what seemed like a half an hour until I finally calmed down. “Let me make you something to eat.” Zayn said and pulled away.

“I missed you,” I blurted out before he could start making any food. He stopped dead in his tracks and turned around to me. He walked closer and kissed my cheek delicately.

“I missed you too,” He sighed, “more than you’ll ever know.” He pulled away but I grabbed his hand. He turned back around to look at me as I held his warm hand in mine.

“Do you still…love me?” I tried not to cringe at the word, but I kind of did. Zayn nodded slowly. “I…I can’t say it back.” I whispered as I looked at him with wide eyes.

“I know,” He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. He started to turn away but I grabbed his hand again and pulled him back to me. His body stood between my legs as my lips brushed against him. My stomach was fluttering as his arms wrapped around me.

I softly pressed my lips to his and wrapped my arms around his neck. He kissed me this time with more passion and our tongues danced. His hands gripped at my back as he pushed me down on top of the counter and continued kissing me. His hands caressed every part of my body as he kissed me on top of the counter.

He kissed my sweet spot and I let out a small gasp, “Zayn.” I reached down and pulled his shirt off quickly before attaching his lips to mine again. I missed his lips so much, it was insane. His hands trailed over my body and I got goosebumps.

He pulled my shirt off and smiled at me before kissing my breasts gingerly. He undid my bra and kissed every inch of my chest. He kissed down to my stomach and then back up again ending with a French kiss. His warm skin was against mine and I felt alive. I leaned forward so I was sitting up and he was standing. His hands traveled my naked back and he pulled my hair tie out so my hair cascaded down my back.

“You’re so beautiful,” He commented and he kissed my cheeks. He swiftly picked me up and started carrying me upstairs. His lips never left mine as he climbed the stairs and placed me on the bed beneath him. He pulled off his own pants and I pulled off mine and then he laid on top of me and continued kissing me.