Chapter 25

As we got in the car, Zayn blasted the heat. It was a little chilly for a day like this, but Zayn knew I was cold so he put the heat on for me. It felt a little weird being in his cop car for only the second time.

I looked in the back of the car and smiled at the memories that we had made back there. Images of Zayn pushing me against the car and teasing me in the middle of the highway

“Where are we off to?” I smirked and rested my hand on his knee. It was something that I had grown used to. I always liked to be touching him in some sort of way and it didn’t have to be sexual. His touch just seemed to charge me up for every day and I didn’t know what I would do without it. It was a casual thing by now.

“Don’t try anything,” He warned and I nodded. Maybe another time I could f.uck him in the back of his car. I knew he was thinking about our first encounter as well, so it would be the perfect time to reach over and feel him. But I restrained myself. He pulled out of the driveway and started driving down the street.

“What happens if you get a call while I’m here?” I questioned, looking at my nails. I needed to grow my nails out longer so I could scratch Zayn’s back up nice and well. He would look so hot with scratch marks up his back.

“I won’t. If I was in Englewood, maybe. But not here,” He smirked and kissed my hand. We drove around to the police station and he got out to get his assignment for the day. I waited in the car for him to come out.

After a few minutes, he trotted out with a smile. “Well, what do you have to do?” I asked him once he shut the door.

“Just watch the traffic, make sure there aren’t any speeders,” He shrugged and pulled out of the station. “You can only stay with me for around an hour more before I need to drive you home, okay?”

“Okay,” I smiled at him and kissed his cheek. He pulled into an old street and parked.

We waited around and nobody was speeding that day. Zayn wasn’t very affectionate and I didn’t blame him. He had an important job to do. He held my hand lightly as we sat in silence. He was checking the speeds of everyone as I checked my phone. I knew that if I talked to him I would just annoy him, so I decided not to.

“I’m really tempted to get you hard right now,” I said quietly and Zayn looked at me with a smirk.

“I know you wouldn’t,” He squeezed my hand lightly

“All dispatchers near Market Street,” I heard a loud voice say from the radio and Zayn’s eyes locked with mine. Market Street was about five minutes away, probably two if you sped. “There is a gun wielding man threatening people in the middle of the street. All dispatchers near Market Street, report. This is an urgent matter.”

“Buckle up,” Zayn smirked and we both buckled in. He turned his siren on and gunned it down the street. I gripped my seat and dug my nails into it as we raced.

“What do I do?” I questioned. My heart was beginning to race. I had never been near anyone who was with a gun and wasn’t quite in control. I had been to shooting ranges, but that was completely different. It could just be a report of a gun wielding man. Did they say report? I couldn’t remember, my head was going a million miles a minute.

“Duck down when we get there,” He said. “I don’t want you getting hurt.” He expertly drove down the center of the road and pressed harder on the gas.

It was surreal experience to be inside of a speeding cop car. I had never imagined what it was like to have everyone pull over for me as I raced by. Zayn seemed accustomed to it, but I stared out the window in awe. Trees flew past like we were on the highway, when in fact we weren’t.