Chapter 81

"I missed you while you were gone..." He said as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"I was gone for like ten minutes," I giggled and he kissed my cheek softly.

"Whenever you're not with me I miss you," He sighed and kissed my nose before turning back to the dumplings. He stirred them around for a little and then stirred another pot next to it. He got out two plates and started filling them up with food. He carried both of the plates over to the chairs and motioned for me to join him. I got us both glasses of water before turning back to see Zayn smiling at me.

When I sat down, he immediately started eating the dumplings. I ate slower than he did so that I would be able to space out my consumption. Dumplings couldn't be that healthy for you, could they? Instead of picking at the dumplings, I ate the mixed vegetables that he made with them before turning to the dumplings.

"I thought you loved dumplings," Zayn commented as he watched me avoid the dumplings.

"I'm saving the best for last," I smiled at him and cut a dumpling in half. I ate half of it before putting my fork down and drinking half of my water. I remember reading somewhere that if you drink a lot of water, you'll fill up much faster. I ended up eating only two of the dumplings Zayn had given me before giving the rest to him.

I stood up and started washing the pots Zayn had used while he finished eating. When he finished, he came over and put the dishes in the dishwasher.

"Want to watch a movie?" Zayn questioned as I dried the pots. I nodded with a smile and he started digging through the cabinets. He pulled out a bag of popcorn to pop. "You go choose, I'll pop the popcorn."

I nodded and walked away to turn the TV on. As I scrolled through the channels, I heard the popcorn in the other room and then a loud beep. Zayn came in a minute later and smiled at me before sitting down. He held the popcorn bag out in front of me but I shook my head and continued looking for movies.

I couldn't help but want some popcorn, but those kind of things are what got me to have this extra weight. I finally found some movie and started paying attention. Zayn motioned the popcorn over to me again but I pushed it away before holding onto a pillow as the movie began.

We were silent for the first few minutes as the introduction began and the characters were introduced. The smell of the popcorn was overwhelming my senses as I sat there. Zayn offered it to me again and I shook my head. He suddenly reached over, grabbed the remote, and turned off the TV before looking at me.

"What's up?" He questioned and moved closer. Normally we would've been cuddled up against each other but I was afraid he would feel my stomach.

"Nothing...why'd you turn the movie off?" I questioned innocently. He moved himself so that his hands were on either side of my head as he held himself up over me. Normally, I would've taken advantage of the position we were in, but now I just wasn't in the mood.

"I'm not stupid, Ava. What's up?"

"What are you even talking about?" I sighed and made sure I had a hint of annoyance in my voice. I didn't want him to find out the reason. It was embarrassing and I didn't want him to laugh at me or judge me. I didn't want to admit it to him. I was already ashamed of myself; I didn't want him to know.

"Did you not like what we did earlier?" He questioned and his concerned look fell from his face into sadness. How could I have not liked it?

Zayn had made me feel so good and I didn't want him to think he was the reason why I was so uncomfortable. "I did! I don't know what you're talking about," I sighed again and then his lips connected with mine. His hands wrapped around my shoulders as we kissed. My heart raced as he started kissing my neck while his hands slowly went down my body. The minute he reached my stomach I froze and stopped kissing him. I tried to resume but he had already pulled away.