Chapter 63

"We should go on a date this weekend," Zayn commented as he made dinner. I was sitting at the counter doing my homework as I had been for the past two hours.

"We just got back from a long weekend away, Zayn. You don't need to take me on another date," I smiled and watched him stir the food for a second before looking back at my homework. He was so thoughtful but I didn't want him spending more money on me.

"Sweetheart, I want to," He pleaded and turned around to look at me. I avoided his puppy-dog stare and continued looking at my homework.

"How about I take you on a date?" I questioned and a big smile appeared on his face. "You'd like that?"

"I'd like to see what's in store for our date," He chuckled and spun back around to the dinner he was making. I was wondering the same thing.

I had no clue what I could do that would be as good as the things he has done for me. He has taken me into the city for a full weekend and taken me anywhere I wanted to go. It was going to be nearly impossible to find something that was anywhere near the cost of his dates.

We sat in silence for a few minutes until dinner was done. I was glad we weren't talking because I needed to finish my homework, which I ended up doing just before Zayn put my plate before me.

He sat down next to me and smiled sweetly, "So are you stressed out?"

"About what?" I asked as I cut up the chicken he had made. It looked absolutely delicious and I couldn't wait to eat all of it.

"Committing to a college," He stated and I felt myself feel sick to my stomach. I didn't want to have to commit anywhere when I wasn't sure if Zayn could come with me. I didn't want to think about making such a difficult decision within such a short period of time.

"Zayn, let's not talk about it..." I sighed and started eating my chicken. I hoped that he would listen to my request, but of course he didn't.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked and turned towards me. I kept my head down and continued eating my chicken. I didn't want to break down in front of him again. I wanted to have a semi-normal day where I didn't end up crying.

"Please, just drop it," I sighed and shoved my chicken in my mouth as a way for him to see that I wasn't in the talking mood. I finished my dinner quickly and I could feel his eyes on me. I didn't end up eating much mainly because I was in a rush to get out from under Zayn's stare.

"Ava..." He said as I got up to go put my plate in the dishwasher.

"Zayn, please," I sighed and started rinsing the food off of my plate. I focused on scraping my food off into the sink and I didn't hear Zayn come up behind me.

"Baby..." He said quietly from behind me. His hands rested on my hips delicately but they made me more stressed out than I already was. "Please tell me what's wrong. I can help."

"I really just don't want to talk about it," I stated but he kept on pushing.

"Do you not know which college you want to go to? Do you not know what you want to major in? Are you worried about passing your finals? Are you worried about paying for college? You don't have to worry about paying for college, sweetheart," He tried to find out the cause of my stress but had no clue what I was honestly stressing about.

"None of those," I stated as my eyes started to water. God, why was I so emotional?

"Then, what, sweetheart?" He urged and I spun around to look at him. His face fell when he saw my eyes and my facial expression.

"You," I sighed and stared into his eyes. My heart raced as his hands moved to my arms and he bent down so that he was eye level with me.

"Why are you worried about me?"