Chapter 59

By the time I got home, I was about ready to collapse. Just being around the kids in my grade exhausted me. I wished that I had been homeschooled because then I wouldn't actually have to leave the house and get dressed.

I smiled when I saw Zayn's car in the driveway so he must've come home early from work. I got out of my car and walked inside to find a bunch of groceries on the counter. I was starving so thank god for that. "Zayn?" I called and heard a slight cough. I walked upstairs and found him lying on the bed. "What's wrong?" He was just wearing a t-shirt and boxers. He never wore those things during the day, only when he was sleeping.

"I think I'm coming down with something," He sighed and looked up at me. I put my hand on his forehead and he felt normal so it must be something going on elsewhere. I sat down on the bed next to him and took his hand. He looked absolutely drained and I felt a pang of sadness.

"What hurts?"

"My throat and my head are pounding," He coughed and rolled onto his side. His throat sounded dry from all of the coughing. "Can you get me some ice water?"

"Of course, do you want dinner?" I squeezed his hand softly. I felt so bad because there was nothing I could do to stop his discomfort.

"No, sweetie," He smiled. "Can you get me a popsicle though?" I nodded and stood up from my place on the bed. I made my way downstairs and got him both things. When I came back upstairs, he was propped up against the headboard and his eyes were half shut. I gave him the water and he drank half of it quickly. "Thank you."

"No problem," I said and gave him the Popsicle. When he finished, I got him a NyQuil and made him take it. I knew that it would knock him out but I needed him to sleep.

"But I don't want to sleep," He frowned as I laid him down and covered him in blankets.

"You have to sleep if you want to get better, Zayn," I smiled and pulled the last of the blankets up. My cheeks flushed when I felt Zayn's hand on my bum and he squeezed lightly. Even when he was sick, he was still looking for ways to touch me.

"I don't want to sleep alone, baby," He frowned up at me and grabbed my hand pulling me back to the bed. As much as I wanted to lay with him, I didn't want to get sick. Even though I wanted to miss school, I really couldn't afford to. I also had a bunch of homework to do and I couldn't afford to miss that either. My grades needed to be high so that they could somewhat compensate for my poor grades for the past few years.

"I'll be up in a few hours, does that sound alright?"

"Okay," He smiled and his eyes started blinking slower and slower. I kissed his hands before walking downstairs to put away the groceries. Once I put away everything, I made myself dinner and sat down at the counter to eat it. Since Zayn wasn't joining me, I just made myself some pasta because it was easy to cook and clean up.

By the time I was done, it was only six so I started some of the homework that had been given. It took me a solid three hours to complete because I kept on getting distracted by the TV. The reporters on the news were covering this murder that happened in some town I had only heard of a few times. But it was still interesting to listen to.

When I finally finished my homework, I sat down on the couch and watched two hours of some stupid reality show. All I remember is that there were a bunch of women who were too rich for their own good and they basically just fought over their money. It was a good laugh even though it probably wasn't supposed to be.

I wondered if Zayn was sleeping so I walked upstairs and saw that he was passed out on the bed. Soft snores fell from his lips as I smiled at how adorable he was. I grabbed some clothes and walked to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I stripped off my clothes and took some pictures for Zayn so when he woke up he would see what he missed.