Thug Nerd Love 15. (Ball King & Queen)

KHALI

    They were now announcing the Darkside Ball, King and Queen. It was not something you applied for or enter. There are a set group of individuals watching your lifestyle, they just choose you and at the end of the day, there's the big vote.

I watched as the cheerleaders and footballers held on to each other hands, hoping to hear their names. This is a crucial part of their life. I scoffed.

"So everybody, the final vote is in and know you all are nervous," Ravell said.

Ravell was known for his big curly afro and loud personality. We were occasional friends, one could say. When we are together, which is rare, we are a force to reckon with.

"People,  The Darkside Ball King is- none of you footballers and the Queen is none of you cheerleaders! Ha!" Ravell teased.

He did not like any of the cheerleaders or footballers and I mean I understood why. They weren't the nicest people. Cliché, I know. They honestly act like the typical "popular" crowd that you would read in books or watch on TV. All bitches and asses. We laughed except for the cheerleaders and footballers. They had scowls.

"Aaannyyways... so let's get down to the real deal. Okay? Okay. The King and Queen of the Darkside, was determined by your school life. Do you have an impact on others? Grades? Fashion? So on and so forth. Everything that you do determines this. So, you know we always say ladies before gentlemen, Queen before the King," Ravell started.

People were sending up silent prayers and shaking, hoping to be chosen. I watched and shook my head. It would be nice to win but is it really that serious?

"The Darkside Queen is... Oh! This girl has been through a lot  this year and I think she deserves it. She is very kind and sweet. She has great grades. She is beautiful; from her caramel gold hair to her short curvy figure. She has a good sense of fashion and is very talented and she knows how to bring life to any room. Welcome as this year's Darkside Queen, Khaliana Pierce!" Ravell exclaimed as the spotlight shone on me.

I smiled. That's sweet. I won. This is the shit why  half of this school body doesn't like me. I keep crushing dreams, look at those faces. My friends were the loudest cheering for me. I smiled at them, getting my crown and sat on the makeshift throne.

"Okay. Okay. As much as I want to continue cheering for ma' girl, the king needs his recognition too. So, The Darkside King is... He just got here but he definitely made a reputation." This was definitely Trey... "He came in as the new nerd of the school and girls ogled him despite his nerd appearance. I think it's the dimples. He made an entrance, a shocker, when he came in looking recycled. If you have not picked up on who this is, you definitely are not apart of this school. The Dark side King is none other than Trey Blake!" Ravell exclaimed.

I did a silent squeal, joining the school population cheering. Trey shook his head, he was so over this sh't. Trey came up, got his crown and sat beside me.

"So, there you have it, the Darkside King and Queen!" Ravell exclaimed.

Vote. Comment.
~KeMrez💋💄