Thug Nerd Love 26

Chapter 26

TREY

Spring Break was almost over. I had fun with the crew, for the most part. Now, we are preparing to sing at church. Guess what? These niqq'hs and I used to go to the same church and if they knew what I knew, Pastor Daley would want us to sing. He loved hearing our voices and he probably still does.

"Guys, I cannot come up with any song appropriate for church. Lemme' just put that out there," Michael said.

"I didn't expect any better." Martina rolled her eyes.

We laughed.

"Hey, how about Mercy Said No ?" Cassie suggested.

"Nope." Khal turned her down before anything.

I chuckled. Why did she not like this girl? I really don't know but Cassie is a cool girl, once you get to know her.

"Sorry Cassie but we are looking for some thing more us," Joey said.

"Something more us?" Drew rose an eyebrow, "They got any trap gospel?"

I smacked him upside his head. Why?

"He means something that speaks to us. Something that we can perform and feel, instead of going up and sing for singing sake," Shaun explained.

"Yea, true. Plus, we haven't been to church in a long while, at least make something out of it," I said.

"You guys might find yourselves even going back." Khal teased, looking at me.

I smiled at her and pinched her leg that was in my lap. She squealed.

"We need a song then. Well, you guys need a song because Michael and I are just there to play the instruments," Jason said.

"Better prepared than nothing." Cassie shrugged.

Khal gave her a look that screamed Bitch why are you talking? I shook my head.

"Hey guys, how about... sh't, I forgot the name. Khal and I used to sing it together all the time, when it plays on Sundays," I said looking at Khal, seeking her help.

"Oh, I know this, it goes, Grace that restores." She sung tryna remember the name..." Israel ft. New Breed- If Not For Your Grace."

Yes.

"I know that song," The others said together.

We looked at each other and smiled. That's the song. Honestly if it wasn't for God's Grace we wouldn't be here right now. I think we can all agree to that fact.

"Trey, Mr. Big Voice , you can lead it. I'm just surprised your cold ass was once an angel." Shaun smirked at me and everyone agreed but Cassie was clueless.

I hissed my teeth.

"Okay, whatever." We then went into rehearsal.

.

When you are bored, you come up with the darnest things to do. Us, boys, decided we're going to attempt to do Khaliana's makeup. We don't know sh't but hey, that's where the fun lies. Khal was resistant at first but eventually gave in. We were going to do Martina's also but if we mess up, we don't wanna risk finding out how stable her emotions were at the moment. We decided to video and ask Cassie to do this for us.