Thug Nerd Love 19.Part 4

Chapter 19.4

KHALI

    The week passed by quickly. It hasn't been eventful. It's been cold mostly. I have to be there with Martina and at the same time deal with Trey and mostly my mom. She has gotten a flu which is not nice in her condition. I ain't feeling life to the extent any more. I dont know why. I guess I just need space. Trey has been truly concerned along with everyone else except Dad and Mom. They understand and say it's a phase. The only person who has allowed me to genuinely smile lately is my mom. It brings a smile to my face when I wake up to her smile, voice and her positive energy.

It's Saturday. I shifted in my sleep, diving back into the comfort of my pillow. I sighed drifting off into darkness.

"Wake up!" I heard my brother's voice as he shook me awake.

I groaned.

"Why?" I whined.

"It's like one in the afternoon, Khal," Khalil informed.

I rolled my eyes and sat up in bed. I was about to go to the bathroom but Khalil stopped me.

"Hey Khal?" He called

"Mmm." I hummed in response.

"Are you okay? You seem to be out of it lately," He said.

I chuckled then shook my head.

"I'm fine, Khalil. Just bored," I stated.

Khalil looked like he was going to push more but I gave him a pointed look and walked to the bathroom. I did my morning hygiene and came out to see Trey and Shaun and every one else in my room. I mentally rolled my eyes. I am so irritated by everyone lately.

"Morning," They chirped in greeting.

"What are you people doing in here?" I asked putting on deodorant and lotion on my skin. I put on a sweatshirt, long cotton pants and socks.

"Can't we come look for you?" Shaun asked.

"Um yea but all up in ma' room though," I said, admittedly, with a bit of attitude.

"Why the attitude?" Shaun asked offended.

It wasn't my intention to give off attitude but lately, it's just natural. As I said, I'm irritated.

"Sorry," I said walking out the room, down the stairs.

They followed behind. From the week, they have been trying to cheer me up, but there is no cheering to do. I just know I'm going to snap.

I made myself some cereal and went back to the couch, where the others followed except Trey. Trey and I have been what you call distant lately. Our conversations don't last long like they used to because I don't want to call, text, talk, nothing. I just want to relax and be by myself.

Trey, as you figured, is bothered but right now, honestly, I don't care. I am supposed to be spending the rest of the day with him at his house like I promised. Thing is, I don't want to leave my house.

I sat annoyed, eating my cereal and watching TV.

"Guys will you please go?" I asked.

They shared a look.

"Khal, are you okay?" Joey asked.

"Yes! Why does everyone keep asking that ?" I exclaimed.