Thug Nerd Love 8

FILLER

Chapter 8

KHALI.

    After we found Alexandria (she was fully clothed and not limping), we went home. Nothing really happened for me, I was just at home with my group as my only entertainment via phone. Now, today was the day I got to meet up with Khalee. I told my parents where I was going and left out.

I walked up into McDonald's, looking for Khalee's head of curls which I sadly did not find. Her hair was now straightened. She was sitting with King, Royal and Flo, her 3 kids. I love em' little rats, despite their mother giving them such names. The two boys were twins and of course Flo, the one girl.

I walked over and Flo instantly ran over to me, meeting me halfway, with her small arms open. She was four and very pretty. Her hair was full and straightened long, as Lee had pressed it and she had the cutest smile. She had definitely grown from the last time I saw her.

"Auntie!" She cheesed.

"Flo!" I exclaimed, swinging her around earning giggles from her.

I walked over, looking at the smiling replica of me, only thing she had black long hair that she straightened. I don't think I could see myself with straightened hair, I loved my curls.

"Hey sis." I smiled.

"Hey shorty," She said, hugging me.

After, I hugged King and Royal. I used to differentiate between the two based on height. King was taller but now they were basically the same.

"You good?" I asked, sitting.

"Yea, you?" she asked.

"Yea." I said looking at her, thinking.

Khalee was raped by her past boyfriend's father at 16, hence, King and Royal. It was an occurrence that had us all on edge. Khalee was wrecked and also my parents, they blamed themselves for not protecting their baby girl better. That is one of the main reasons why my father is so hard on me when it came to boys. We all managed to pull through that situation. However, at eighteen, she got pregnant by her twenty year old, at that time, boyfriend, Mike. They got wild one night and conceived Flo. Our parents weren't pleased and therefore were hard to deal with so Khalee had to leave with Mike. It has been them ever since. Mike, Khalee, King, Royal and Flo. They were happy and making it. They lived comfortable. Mike had a car dealership that was passed down to him and he also had some ties with my uncle. Khalee had a assisting finance job in a law firm that paid well enough. She did have her qualifications but she wanted to excel further. Needless to say, I was proud.

"I missed you, you know that?" Lee said.

"I missed you too," I said then an idea presented itself, " ...hey, for Christmas, why don't you guys come with us to the family house?"

"What? Khal, you on crack? You know Dad won't like that." Lee said, chuckling.

"It's bout' time you guys got rid of this beef or whatever. I can persuade him. If he says yes, you guys have to come. I know Mike has business but can he come?" I knew it was risky to have Mike but I was determined for everyone to be together again.

"He never misses a Christmas with us so, I guess." Lee gave in.

"Yaaaaasss!" I exclaimed, earning looks.

Lee laughed. We continued our conversation until Trey interrupted. Seeing his name on the screen, had me smiling. Lee smirked at me, looking over at the screen.