Thug Nerd Love 32

Chapter 32

KHALI

Today was Sunday. The day we all were going to church. I hope Jesus forgives us for what that took place yesterday. I was gonna bail today but I knew how Mom wanted all of us to be at church today together as one. Well, I am not sure about the as one part but at least we are together somewhat. I checked myself in the mirror once again, I was in red, green, white and light turquoise floral sundress with a light turquoise blazer, my light turquoise suede wedge pumps with a light turquoise envelope clutch bag. I paired everything with gold jewellery and light pink lipstick. I fluffed my hair and went down.

"Oh honey, you look beautiful." Mom smiled.

I smiled at her.

"Hey, you going to church not a runway show." Dad teased.

I laughed and playfully shoved him.

"You know if Trey and the others are ready?" Mom asked Khalil and I.

I cringed at Trey's name.

"I know the others are ready I don't know about Trey and Drew just yet," I replied.

"Trey and Drew coming. Drew gon' be a little late though," Khalil said.

I looked on Khalil and he gave me a small smile. Something's been up with him lately too and it has been the first time in a very long while that our parents don't know sh't about whats happening with us. We just don't want to worry them, thats all, especially my mom.

"Okay, lets go then," Dad said then got his jacket and then we left.

.

Khalil and I sat at the back of the car while Mom and Dad were having their own convo at the front. I looked outside, watching the blurry view as we drove past, and somehow my mind went to Trey and how I really messed up. Well not everything lasts a lifetime. A tear fell and I quickly wiped it away.

"Hey Khali, you okay?" Khalil asked, looking at me with concerned eyes.

I looked round and gave him a small smile,

"Yeah." I whispered, "...are you okay?"

"Tryna' be." He sighed.

I scrunched my eyebrows together, confused.

"Whatchu' mean? What's wrong?" I asked.

He told me about the situation with, surprisingly, Cassie and Dequan, and I actually felt sorry for the girl.

"I told her to go to our house yesterday but she didnt, obviously, and I haven't heard from her since and I am really worried, and there is also no trace of Dequan," Khalil told me.

I sighed.

"Well, I guess everybody got some sh't in their life," I said, then chuckled.

Khalil chuckled along with me.

"I really love you, Khali and you're really the greatest sister I could ask for, although crazy. You give me alot of work when it comes on to you and males, you can be annoying and a headache sometimes, but I guess that's what the package of a great sister comes with," He said.

I smiled. Sounds like he's dying...

"You're not going to die or some sh't right? That's a dead man's speech," I voiced.

Khalil blanked face me.

"No stupid. I can't express love to my lil' sister nomo'?"

"Aww, Khalil that was so sweet. You're a great brother too and I will always love you." I smiled hugging him.