Thug Nerd Love 16

Mr. Pierce (Khal and Khalil's Dad)

Chapter 16

KHALI

    I doubled over in pain. It was Monday and I was in too much pain to get up. My uterus felt like it was having the greatest World War in there.

"Khali." Khalil  walked in.

I groaned, answering him.

"Sh't Khali, it's time?" He looked at me with sad eyes as if he could feel my pain.

I nodded my head.

"I gotta go to school today," Khalil said.

I almost cried. He usually would stay would me and ensured I felt better. It's a routine I got used to and loved because it did help.

"No." I whined.

"Yes." He mocked, "I got this presentation and a test to do today. I can't bail on Stacy on that presentation and  I have to do that standard test."

Now I'm going to cry. I have to be like this for the whole day.

"Where's Mom?" I asked as tears welled up in my eyes.

"She left out early, Khali," He replied.

Why do I have to be in the batch of females who go through this?

"Khali, try and get through this till lunch, I'll be here I promise." He walked over to me, rubbed my tummy and kissed my forehead.

I wanted to cuss him out as he retreated. I don't care, I loved my brother and his company. He always was second to my father, always there, always caring. I went back under my sheets holding my stomach.

I sang to myself crying. I tried to send myself to sleep but the pain was too strong.

"Baby girl, I got waffles with chocolate syrup and strawberries and hot coco." I heard my dad walk in.

I peeped one eye open and saw him with a tray of food. I couldn't even smile properly.

"Thank you, Daddy. I would hug you but I am crippled," I pouted.

Dad chuckled and climbed in bed with me.

"Hey, come here," He said, gesturing for me to scoot over.

"Oh no." I groaned.

"Okay." He sighed scooting closer.

He lifted my head up and put it on his chest. I curled up in a fetus position. Dad rubbed my side. After a while, the pain slowly subsided. I could finally breathe properly. I relaxed.

"Don't think on it too much Shortcake," Dad said using my childhood nickname, he gave me.

Khalil wanted to give me a next nickname only he used and so awfully thought about Strawberry Shortcake, hence Strawberry.

I chuckled.

"So you're a sudden expert, wow." I teased.

"I've been with your mom for  years. Trust me. I should be." He chuckled, so did I, "She was known for her suffering through her pains, it stopped after she had you, so we can stay she passed it to you, if that's possible."

"I don't know about that but I just want this time to be over," I said.

I hate how I felt in this time, not only the pain but it was extremely uncomfortable.

"Yea, cuz' you're missing school," Dad said still rubbing my side.

"I'll probably be back by Wednesday," I said.