Thug Nerd Love 23

Chapter 23

JOEY

I was honestly worried bout Martina but I realized it was nothing too serious. She had told me not to tell anybody about what happened so I didn't. She didn't want the crowd. Our baby was developing in her fallopian tube and that's not right but the doctors assured us that babies have survived this. I hope our baby is lucky.

It was now 11 in the morning and I was heading over the hospital to discharge Martina. Khali's mother had called me to tell me about church next week. I agreed. I remembered the memories at that church with Khali, Martina, Shaun, Michael, Jason and Drew. We really have come from far. I smiled at the thought.

The same pastor has been there from we were little. He's probably old now. He's Jamaican and one thing he loved hearing was us, children, singing. Especially the crew. He always called on us to sing and also he loved hearing this other boy sing too. He always was that boy with the big voice, his head was big too. His name was Trey. Trey. I reflected on every moment, remembering perfectly every single one. I'm so slow. The big headed kid was Trey, actually Trey. I'ma confront him later. I didn't know his cold self even knew the church.

.

"Babe, finally! Get me out here and bring me to Burger King."Martina whined.

The nurse chuckled, discharging Martina. My mom had already signed the papers but couldn't carry Martina to work with her so she arranged with me. I helped Martina to change and then we went our way to Burger King.

DREW

I f'kd up Khali and Trey's relationship much more than it was already. Damn, what was I thinking? She just looked so much more than beautiful and I couldn't help it. I don't love Khal in that way nor did I have any feelings, well that I knew of, so what happened? That is the question. What happened? She was comforting me, next thing you know, her lips interlocked with mine then, she is running after Trey.

I have tried talking to the niqq'h since the incident but he won't listen and it got me pissed. He was now in the kitchen eating breakfast, I made. I should've poisoned his ass.

"Trey." I called.

He looked at me, clearly annoyed.

"Look if this is about Khal and you. Okay, whatever." He shrugged.

"Trey, stop being childish. Be grown and work this sh't out. I'm sorry, okay," I apologized.

"Da' f'k? Childish? I am being realistic here." He said, putting the plate in the sink.

"Realistic of what? Niqq'h, one f'k up and you wanna end a relationship. One mistake, that wasn't even her fault and you done. Obviously you don't know what relationships are made of!" I semi-yelled.

"I never said I was done or I ended nothing," He said, drinking his orange juice.

"Then stop f'kn acting like you are, niqq'h. You are so lucky you have someone to argue with, someone who really loves you."

After I said that, I went upstairs and my ass fell asleep, thinking about Denyque. Many don't know how much she meant to me. I feel really bad at how I was drunk and was trying to get with some bitch right before she died. Damn. We weren't even on good terms.

Flashback

"Drew, I'm warning you." Denyque warned.

"Oh really? Watchu gon' do?" I said pinching her again.