23; Arguments in the Air

"Why ride that when you have me?"

Justin's POV:

Closing the door behind me, I walked through the foyer with my head down as I flicked through my contacts looking for Jacob's number.

"Hazel not with you?" I heard Joshua say as I stepped into the kitchen, clicking on Jacob's number and shaking my head with a small smile on my face at the sound of Hazel's name before I brought up my phone to my ear once it started dialling.

"She's at her brothers," I told Joshua who was eating again.

Fat shit.

I went to go say something to him, but the dialling sound on my phone stopped and I heard the phone pick up.

"Speaking of the devil," I heard Jacob greet me and I rolled my eyes at his words before speaking up.

"We are going to London," I told him and a sharp what came out of his mouth, "They fucked up the schedule so the meeting in on the 29th instead of the 4th," I explained.

"So I have to drag my ass to fucking England because they can't put something in the calendar properly?" He asked and I hummed, understanding his frustration since I was supposed to stay up here in Canada with family until the 2nd, although that had been masked since I was now being accompanied by Hazel.

"I'm going to leave tomorrow so I'm there for the 28th," I told him as I walked past Joshua who was leaning on the counter typing on his phone with one hand, the other in a bag of crisps...

"Crap, Sienna and I have a family do on the 27th so we we'll be there later than you," He said and I nodded, flicking on the coffee machine and picking out a little foil tub of my chosen coffee.

"That's fine because I have to fly back to New York with Hazel to get Blue," I said to him and his side of the line went quiet for a few seconds before I heard him laughing lightly.

"Damn Justin," He said to me and I rolled my eyes knowing exactly where this was heading, now I didn't just have my brother on my ass about my feelings but my best friend and most likely his wife soon.

"Shut it before I get your wife to smack you across the head," I threatened and he got out ooo like I'm scared of her but I heard a small thump on his side of the line before I'm sorry babe which made me laugh, the sound of the phone being passed to someone following.

"Justin," I heard her say and I hummed, pressing the little container that pulled out of the coffee machine and slipping my packed coffee in, shutting it in turn and placing a mug underneath the spout once I grabbed one from the cupboard. "Did you hear about Trent?" She asked me and I flicked through my head wondering which fucked up situation she was talking about...

There were a lot of them...

"I've heard a lot of things about Trent, so I have no idea what specific thing you're talking about," I told her, hearing the coffee machine hum lightly before the liquid goodness poured from the spout and into my mug.

"That he took over that business in Canada...what was it called again..." She said to herself and my ears picked up at her words before I cut in.

"Lopez Industries?" I asked her and she chirped yes before I sighed, "That's Hazel's parents business," I said to her.

"Shit," She puffed out, "It is?" She asked hesitantly and I hummed waiting as my mug filled steadily to the top before a little green light was shown allowing me to remove it from under the spout.

"Yeah," I said to her, feeling my mood deteriorate into a shitty one as I thought about it, "So much shit has happened up here, but I'll tell you more about it in London," I said to her, reminding myself to not tell her about the situation concerning Hazel's past with her parents because it wasn't my place to go blabbing on about that.