54; Double the Fun

"I see a future with you and I know it's fast, but I'm here for it at whatever time it decides to come."

Justin's POV:

"Hazel Lopez."

I was up on my feet, my head turning to meet the doctor who was taking care of Hazel the minute we'd exited the ambulance.

I'd panicked the instant she'd fallen limp and unconscious, my instant action being to call an ambulance when she didn't wake up after a minute.

I was partly blaming myself for it and the way I'd gone about wondering whether she was pregnant or not. I'd replayed the conversation in my head on the way here and was currently doing the same right now as I walked towards the doctor who had motioned for me to follow him.

It had been a half hour since we'd reached here and I was itching for some sort of information so when he spoke, I soaked it all up like a sponge.

I'd been told that Hazel was pregnant, his words knocking the air out of my lungs for a second or so until I recalled my bearings. I wasn't shocked since I'd fit everything like a puzzle a week and a half ago, my confirmation coming in the form of Hazel's stomach which was hard and had the tiniest of bumps twenty four seven like she'd eaten too much.

It was a reason why I was so distant since I'd wondered if she knew she was pregnant and just wasn't telling me, however I understood that she didn't know anything herself when she'd taken full offence to my assumption and had blown up on me.

Jesus Christ.

"She's around five weeks at this moment in time," he told me and I nodded, stuttering for a moment as I leaned against the wall and swallowed.

It felt a lot more real coming from someone else and that someone else being a doctor. It was like an odd confirmation for my own validation.

"She was on the pill though, how could she have gotten pregnant?" I asked and the doctor sighed.

"If the pill isn't taken at the same time each day, even once, it can increase the chances of conceiving and result in an unintended pregnancy," he explained and I nodded, taking everything in before speaking again.

"Is she awake?" I asked and he nodded. "So can I take her home today, do I need to book appointments or...I don't know how this works?"

He chuckled at me and reassured me that I could take Hazel home as soon as they were done with everything, then going onto explaining the reason why she fainted. Apparently it was because of the hormones lowering her blood pressure, something about dilating and relaxing vessels.

I just nodded throughout the whole thing and then thanked him for everything, my feet moving quickly after that to walk into Hazel's room.

I found her lying on her side and staring at the wall next to the door, the thin blanket they'd provided her covering her body as she blinked. She didn't acknowledge that I was there even when I sat down in front of her once taking the chair from the corner, her eyes telling me everything when I watched tears blur her vision.

"How could I not have known?" she whispered quietly, a frown tugging at her lips as she closed her eyes and sniffled, her tears slipping against her skin as I sighed uncomfortably. My chest tightened and I moved closer, leaning down so that my face was next to hers just as I wiped her tears that continued to fall.

"Baby," I mumbled sadly when her body visibly tensed as she sobbed, the heart wrenching sound pulling at my chest as I kissed her head and held her hand as she cried. I let her without saying anything, my fingers in between hers as she let it all out, most probably trying to register it like I had done.