41; Presents and the Past

"Baby, don't cry...I didn't mean for you to cry,"

Justin's POV:

"Fuck, now I want one," Joshua whined, not hiding the way he was ogling the custom Rolex I had been gifted.

"Go buy one," I teased him, prying the box from his fingers and smirking when I heard him huff.

"Even if I wanted to buy it, I can't because the Cellini watches aren't even out yet," He said and I felt a smug sense of pride knowing my girl had gone out of her way to do something for me.

Hazel, Hazel, Hazel I may just lo-

"How was she even able to get one of those?" He asked, watching as I aimlessly rocked the open box in my fingers side to side, the light hitting the crystal clear glass and illuminating the intricate metal work that made up the face of the watch.

"I have no idea," I told him and he sighed. 

"Where is she, I'll go ask her," He proposed and I shrugged looking around the living room, still fiddling with the box in my hands and craning my neck a little to find that she wasn't anywhere in my vision.

"She probably went back to sleep, her eyes were closing whilst she was eating her toast," I told Joshua, a smile tugging on the edges of my lips at the image I had of her in my head.

"Well that must've been after she cussed out Grace," Joshua muttered and I hummed proudly, chuckling at the fresh memory of what had happened a mere half an hour ago.

"So, I have friends coming over in a few hours," Joshua said to me, side glancing Hazel who was sleepily buttering her toast.

She was blinking frequently, little sighs of tiredness leaving her lips here and there which made me smile.

"I don't understand how you're alive right now, the party finished at three in the morning and it's not even ten yet," Hazel mumbled quietly, her voice still scratchy as I made some sort of sound of agreement biting into my own toast, courtesy of my sleepy girlfriend.

"That's what happens when you don't party often," Grace (Joshua's birthday fuck) said, her name unbelievably contradicting to what she had done yesterday with him.

I could hear the off tone in her voice and I stayed silent, pausing my chewing as I looked to Hazel who seemed to pick up on it as well.

Here we go...

"I mean you're undoubtedly doing all your work and stuff, you probably don't have fun with what career you do," She added and I watched as Hazel pursed her lips to the side, narrowing her eyes slightly as me and Joshua both side glanced each other.

"You think because I work and earn money for a living I can't have fun?" Hazel asked, ignoring the strain in her voice and appearing a lot more calmer than I'd expected as her tone was...sweet...thinking about it, way too sweet.

Shit.

"I'm assuming, Justin probably has more fun with what he does," She said and I snapped my eyes up to her.

Why would you even bring me into this?

"Right Justin?" She proposed with a bright smile, fluttering her eyes lashes at me.

"You do realise that we have careers in the same area of business...I work for him," Hazel cut in, her knife sitting against the plate with a slight crashing sound of metal scraping against ceramic.

"You work for him?" Grace asked and Hazel nodded once, both me and Joshua taking bites out of our toast at the same time we looked at what was about to happen. "Isn't that kind of pathetic though?" Grace asked absentmindedly.