53; Wishful Thinking

"I love you, like I love you a lot and you can't just break up with me, you know?"

Hazel's POV:

"Ow fück."

I groaned quietly, rubbing my hip with my hand that had been jabbed by the corner of the table in the dining room.

The sting of pain soon died down the more I rubbed it, my occupied hand curled around a mug of steaming hot chocolate which had white and pink mini marshmallows bobbing up and down in it.

It was my makeshift solution for Justin's sour mood. The hours since his and Joshua's argument were spent with me in the middle whilst they both ignored each other. It only left me feeling a little awkward with who to attend to first, however when I heard the loud slam of a door upstairs followed by Justin shouting fück really loudly, I knew to give him his space before he ended up taking his anger out on me.

That only meant that I'd gone after Joshua who I'd found sitting by Justin's bed whilst he proceeded to book flights back to Canada, the impulsiveness of his decisions being way too rash for my liking which only got him sent to my apartment where I told him to stay until I figured everything out.

He only ended up sulking about like Justin normally would, his slight lack of maturity compared to his older brother showing instantly when I'd caught him shoving both middle fingers up to the door that had been closed by Justin down the hallway.

The thought made me roll my eyes, my hand running through my hair as I made my way up the stairs and on a mission to find Justin considering the fact that he'd made it his plan to stay a hermit crab the entire afternoon.

After searching the entirety of his second first floor and still not finding him I grew slightly worried. That was until I went to go and get my phone and I heard the tell-tale sound of a tap running from his bathroom.

I puffed out a breath, my fast heartbeat dissipating to its normal pace as I reached the door of Justin's bedroom and pushed it open. I set down the hot chocolate on his bed stand, walking over to where the bathroom door was before peeking my head around to see him standing in a towel and washing his hands at the sink.

He turned to me, licking over his lips as I shoved my hands into my pockets and then stared at him. His shoulders were tense, the muscles in his back flexing as he dried his hands and then walked towards me. I didn't say anything just as he stepped past me, the smell of the soap he'd used wafting in the air around me as I steadied myself against the wall.

"I made hot chocolate for you," I told Justin when he walked into his closet, his body vanishing from my sight which made me sigh. I rolled my eyes, walking after him as he changed into some grey sweatpants and then ran a hand through his wet hair. He didn't say anything to me which made me scowl, again walking past me like I was invisible just as he stepped over to his bed and sat on the edge of it.

It was clear that he was in a sour mood still, but that didn't exactly give him the right to take his shít out on me.

Fück him.

"You know, I understand that you're mad at Joshua and what he said because work is currently stressful as fück," I started, gaining his attention as he turned back to face me. "But that doesn't give you the right to act like I'm goddamn invisible, especially when I made you hot chocolate."

I huffed quietly, not letting him speak as I walked over to the bed stand and held the mug in my hands. "Hazel-"

"No. Now, if you don't mind I'm going to drink my hot chocolate that I made for you and order Chinese for myself," I said to him, my body craving some sweet and sour chicken as I walked out the room the same time he sighed.