36; The Ugly Truth

"I'm not twisting it...I can't twist the truth Justin,"

Hazel's POV:

"Stupid fucking boyfriend," I muttered, holding the massive bouquet of light pink peonies in one hand, balancing the weight as I took the keys from my mouth and shoved the right one into the lock of my apartment door violently.

I nudged the door open with my foot and walked through, closing it behind me with a loud slam before groaning loudly when I realised that I had left the keys in the lock.

"Fucking...ugh," I mumbled irritably, setting the flowers down on the ground before turning back to open the door and taking the keys out of the lock, only to nearly hurt myself in the process when I pulled a little too hard and my fist nearly pulled back onto my own face.

I sighed before whining quietly and shutting my door, the sound of Blue's footsteps following soon after as I turned around to pick up the flowers again.

I watched as he stopped stepping over to me once I leaned down to wrap my hands around the large vase that was encased in the clear plastic, the ruffled material flowing up and out before closing around the lip of the glass with a big white ribbon, a massive bow at the front.

The peonies were left with their long stems, the fresh green contrasting against the pink of the petals which made my heart flutter a little before it skipped a beat (in a bad way) when I remembered how much of a dick Justin had been these past two weeks.

Since the conference he had been...strange.

The whole bet had been put on hold and I was basically indirected to go home when Justin said he had other things to do and then literally walked out the house leaving me standing there like a lemon wondering what the hell went wrong and when.

At first I thought I had something to do with it and had literally forced myself to remember everything from that day only to come up with one stupid explanation...although that soon flew out the window when he would act shifty around me and all of a sudden have something to do with work which would have him up and leaving just like he had at his house.

He wasn't avoiding me because I was the problem; he was ignoring me because of the problem.

And to make matters worse, I had no fucking clue what the problem was and I was at a new level of irritation with the fact that he'd straight out ignored me for a whole week because of it.

Sure, I had gotten a text or two but for real...would a phone call kill him?

"And now he wants to send me flowers because they make everything better don't they," I said sarcastically to myself before Blue barked and I sighed, standing up with the flowers in my hand and taking a deep breath. "Stop being a bitch Hazel," I muttered to myself, making my way through the living room and to the kitchen.

I placed the plastic covered vase package onto the counter, my head tilting as I looked at it.

The more I thought about the flowers the more I felt bad for being a bitch and cussing him out (to myself) but then my mind would go back to what he had done and I felt the need to hit something.

"Why are men so confusing..." I whined, biting on my thumb nail and then huffing as I put a picture of Justin ordering me flowers in my head leaving me with the need to pick up the phone and thank him even though he had been an asshole for the past week or so.

I huffed dramatically, letting my shoulders slump heavily before I literally dragged my feet across the floor and to the living room where my phone was resting on the sofa.