37; Too Little Too Late

"I'd never put my hands on Hazel like that,"

3RD Person POV:

"She's not there," Sienna said, walking down the corridor to her office with her papers in her hand as she looked at Justin.

He put his hand down from knocking on Hazel's office door, the same distraught look on her face replaying in his hand when he had blurted out Blake's name instead of hers.

It wasn't that he had feelings left for Blake...feelings weren't involved in the first place...but it was just the moment that he saw her, her name seemed to replace Hazel's...

"Is she at her apartment...she hasn't been at work for the past few days?" Justin asked quietly, feeling intimidated with the way Sienna was glaring at him.

It had been the same routine for the last four days...a continuous effort coming from Justin who felt as if the world had crumbled right in front of him, slipping like sand through his fingers with ease as he continued to watch with no control of the consequences that he had caused.

"She's not in New York Justin," Sienna told him, wanting nothing but to smack him upside the head with something hard but she refrained from doing that and in turn gave Hazel the prime opportunity instead.

"What?" Justin asked, a look of devastation passing over his face as he looked at the plaque that had Hazel's name and position at Bieber Enterprises engraved into it...his chest tightening and relaxing continuously as he thought back to how much of an ass he'd been.

"She left on Thursday morning," Sienna said to him, now standing outside her own office with her papers gathered to her chest as she looked at the man she had known for the most part of her life alongside Jacob...she knew it was killing him with what he had said and done which made her feel a little sympathetic towards the situation he was in, although when she got a phone call from a sobbing Hazel the morning after she couldn't help but thrive in the fact that Justin was at a new level of remorse about what he had done.

"She didn't even tell me," Justin said quietly, his words slow and regretful as he cleared his throat of the emotion that clouded inside him.

"Did you expect her to tell you after what you did?" Sienna asked him and he went to speak up but couldn't find the courage to when he realised that only making excuses would make him look worse...and right now, there wasn't any sort of topping what he had done asshole wise.

"But she has work..." Justin said, finding a small loophole to try and make it seem like Hazel had to be here even though he knew that even if he tried, there was no stopping her from leaving the city.

"She's done all her work in advance...she even told me to tell you that you can cut her salary for the days that she's missed," Sienna said and Justin felt the breath catch in his throat.

"Do you know when she's coming back?" Justin asked, fiddling with the watch on his wrist and Sienna shrugged, "Do you even know where she went?" He added and she nodded, in turn Justin going to speak up and ask why but she stopped him.

"The whole reason she left was to not be near you," She said bluntly and Justin frowned, her sudden sharp words taking slight effect on him even though he didn't expect Sienna to be nice in the first place over what was the situation.

"Sienna, I know I-"

"I'm not going to even sugar coat it Justin...you fucked up," She said to him and he looked down at his shoes, putting his feet together as he replayed Sienna's words in his head.

"I know," He breathed out quietly, his voice cracking lightly before he cleared his throat and scratched his cheek looking up at Sienna to see her already looking at him, a look of sympathy appearing and vanishing within a few seconds.