16; Comfort and Confrontation

"You're such a hypocritical bitch,"

Justin's POV:

"Haze, I'm fine," I said to her and she continued to ignore me dragging me into her brother's kitchen.

I huffed as she opened the freezer grabbing a pack of frozen peas before she shut the door harshly and pulled me in front of her before making me walk backwards until we were at the kitchen table.

I went to protest and repeat that my jaw was fine even though it was a little sore, but she pushed me down onto the chair behind me by the chest before sitting down on my lap, her legs going either side of my hips, dangling against me.

...Jesus.

She mushed the cold packet of vegetables against my jaw and I flinched, shutting my eyes as I got used to the cold and slightly wet plastic being forced against me.

...I didn't need to open my eyes or even question her to know that she was pissed beyond belief.

After Trent decided to show his face, I was pretty sure Hazel was coming to the point where she wanted to just take a bat to his face...if she wasn't then I sure was going to.

She swore at him and well...the amount of swear words that were coming out of her mouth was scaring me but at the same time, Christ she was turning me on...

Every word under the sun escaped her lips and after she gave a deadly glare at her dad, she walked away...me following after her as not only did I not want to make things worse with what I had planned to do to both Trent and her dad, I also wanted to see if Hazel was okay...but that clearly failed when I trailed behind her the entire time giving her a little space.

And well, here we are now...her sitting on my lap as she most likely was taking her anger out with the force she was pressing the peas against my face...

I heard her take a deep breath in and I opened my eyes slowly. Her eyes were concentrated on the packet of peas but as soon as she knew that my eyes were open, her gaze shifted to me.

She bite on the inside of her lips as she looked down before she spoke up quietly, "I'm sorry," She mumbled, sounding a lot more upset than angry, nothing like I had anticipated.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked her as her hand against my jaw faltered and she took the pea packet away from my face...now my jaw is numb.

"Because my dad punched you and then Trent showed up," She mumbled and the anger that I knew was in her started to slip away as her body relaxed to a point where you could tell she was disappointed.

"I didn't mean for any of that to happen, you know?" She said, her voice cracking as she looked up to me finally and I felt my chest burn when I saw her eyes steadily pooling with tears.

"Haze, I know that," I said softly because I could see that she was starting to blame herself. She sniffled before licking her lips and putting the packet of peas on the table behind me.

"I don't even know why he showed up like that..." She said quietly, more to herself than me and I could tell that she was on the edge of breaking point, her hands were shaking and her breathing was faltering. "He just...and Trent..." She whimpered and without a second thought stood up and off my lap as the first tear fell.

"Hey," I said softly, standing up and taking her wrist turning around seeing her biting her lip and she stopped herself from crying.

"I hate them Justin," She cried quietly, her tears freely cascading down her cheeks as she blinked.

"I know you do," I sympathised quietly as she sniffled, her eyes screwing shut painfully as she covered her mouth as her first sob was sounded.

I swallowed pulling her into my chest as she cried; her sounds of frustration only making me want to make the fantasy of me breaking her dads face become a reality.