17; The Truth Hurts

"...he went to stupid extremes just so he could keep his fucking money,"

3RD Person POV:

"Wait what?" Justin asked, looking at Hazel with wide eyes that soon narrowed as he was coming to terms with her words. "She slept with him?" He asked in disbelief and Hazel nodded hesitantly at him making him grimace lightly. "What...I don't..." He stammered and she sighed looking down at her hand that was still in Justin's contemplating whether or not she was going to tell him the rest but the phrase it's now or never popped up into her head.

"You know how I told you that I knew Natalia for years?" She asked him and he nodded, remembering her vaguely telling him after the first time they kissed. "Well, she knew my brother..." She said, her head lifting up to meet Justin's eyes.

"And...you know how my dad is right?" Justin nodded uneasily, "He's got the biggest ego, and always wants to look good in front of people," She trailed off and Justin squeezed her hand softly reassuring her as he could see the angry tears forming again.

"You don't have to tell me," He mumbled, his thumb running over her knuckles in an attempt to soothe her as she flickered her eyes up to him again.

"No, I want to though," She sniffled, giving him a small smile when she wiped the stray tear from her cheek with her free hand but Justin saw right through it. "Anyways..." She said before beginning her story after puffing out a small breath.

"Natalia knew my brother through her cousin, she was always around the house and she also became friends with me," She said, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear as Justin listened. "We were pretty close and around that time, she was helping me get through some crap that I had with my mom," Hazel said and Justin shot her a questioning look.

"Let's just say that my mom and I didn't share the closest mother/daughter bond," She explained, "We were always fighting over stupid shit and I stopped talking to her at one point when it all blew out of proportion,"

"And it was probably a week after the moment I stopped talking to her that she caught Natalia and my dad...uh..." Justin frowned at her words as Hazel scratched her cheek licking her lips.

"She wanted a divorce straight away, she didn't even think about me and Theo because she blamed the whole thing on me..." She trailed off, breathing deeply through her nose as Justin struggled to find words to say.

"She thought that I had told Natalia to sleep with my dad in an act of revenge as I had stopped talking to her....she thought that because I was closest to Natalia, she assumed that I was the root of the whole problem..." She said, swallowing the lump of emotions that she knew were going to choke her.

"She accused me, and told me that I was the one who had planned the whole thing because I wanted to get back at her for all those arguments that we had...I didn't understand why she thought I would because at the end of the day she's my mom, you know?" Hazel said breathing another heavy breath, "...I wouldn't do that to her....I mean I know we had problems but I wouldn't...I..." Hazel sniffled, looking down as she stammered and Justin slipped his free arm around her, hugging her into his side.

She felt a surge of comfort as she was tucked away into him and she leaned her head on his chest as she looked down again at their intertwined fingers.

"You don't have to talk about it anymore," Justin mumbled into her hair, leaving a small kiss on her temple and she shook her head wanting to carry on because she knew if she did, the weight on her shoulders would be lifted.

"Take your time," He reassured her quietly as she brought her knees up allowing Justin to hold her closer as she felt secure within his arms.

"After my dad had found out that she had wanted a divorce," She paused licking her lips and sniffling, "Uh...he remembered how when they got married they signed a prenup," She explained and Justin nodded, coaxing her to go on but stop if she needed to.