35; Pre-planned Photographs

"You don't want to draw me like one of your French girls?"

Hazel's POV:

"Haze, if you're cold you can change," I heard Justin say as I paused mid-way with my strawberry and looked to where he was, on the other side of the dining table.

I was in his dress shirt, my underwear on underneath with a few extra sprays of the perfume that seemed to kill him...his words not mine.

I had one leg bent with my ankle sock covered foot lying flat against the seat of the chair, a continuous shake being seen as I thought about what had happened today.

I was confused, a little upset but mostly irritable at the fact that Trent had been released from jail, my knowledge of my dad helping out with that situation only encouraging the upset factor.

I mean, he doesn't have to continue to prove anything to my mother concerning his efforts to hide the fact that what happened with Natalia wasn't my doing but his...yet, here he was still trying to worm his way back into my life and as much as I hated to say it he was doing a good job of it which brought me to a new level of pure curiousness.

Dad, dad, dad...what the fuck are you hiding?

"I'm not cold," I told Justin as he flicked through what I presumed where emails on his iPad...he had so many apple devices I wouldn't be able to count them with my fingers...

Stupid rich fuck...who I like...a lot.

"Then why are you shaking your leg like that?" He asked, pressing the tip of his finger across the screen and looking up to me momentarily with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm thinking and I think me shaking my leg comes along with that," I said to him before continuing my first movement and placing the strawberry in my mouth only for it cease when Justin spoke up again.

"Thinking about?" He asked me, putting his iPad down onto the table next to his paperwork and leaning back into his chair.

"Guess?" I countered back with slightly wide eyes for exaggeration only to receive squinted eyes in return from him.

"Can you stop thinking about the whole Trent thing?" He asked bluntly and I squeezed the tips of my nails into the strawberry held in my fingers to stop myself from creating an unnecessary argument because I felt like I was putting together a puzzle in my head with pieces that didn't match at all.

"Okay," I mumbled quietly, finally placing the strawberry in my mouth and feeling my body relax at the sweet flavour before I got up and continued to eat what I found was my last strawberry in the bowl as I walked away from his table.

I folded the sleeves of Justin's dress shirt on my arms, letting the end of it fold until the middle of my forearm as I silently made my way to his fridge still thinking about the whole Trent thing.

I pulled open the dark silver door, looking for some more strawberries since I had now finished mine, my eyes scanning over the contents in Justin's fridge.

As soon as you took a peak you'd think he was a health nut with all the fruit that was in view but it slowly faded as you looked a little lower and found all his junk food.

He was a health nut with a dark side.

...and that sounds a little perverted...oh well.

I finally found the strawberries on a lower shelf and picked them up before closing the fridge door with my hip and taking a couple of steps to his counter were the sink was.

I washed the strawberries, still turning over ideas of why my dad would be helping Trent in my head as I let the water from the tap slip over the strawberries that were in the plastic container.