55; Making It Official

"We were watching friends with benefits and then I...uh actually, never mind."

Hazel's POV:

"I can believe I fücking fainted," Justin muttered as he drove, my hands still stuck on my stomach as I rubbed and tried to register everything.

"Helen said it was normal so you're all good babe," I told him as he pressed his lips together, his ego taking a beating from his reaction when the both of us were told that we were having twins.

Twins.

As in two babies.

I sighed at the thought, my life taking an unexpected turn in the past month or so. I'd come to terms (sort of) with everything that was going on however having an ultrasound made everything more real just as I stared at the side of Justin's face.

I relaxed as I did, my back leaning against the front seat of the car as I closed my eyes and leaned my head back. When I did I felt Justin's free hand take mine, his fingers smoothing over my own as I opened my eyes and moved to the side so I was more comfortable.

"You okay?" he asked me quietly whilst taking a turn, my lips pressing together as I shrugged.

"Two babies," I told him and he nodded, giving my hand a little squeeze just as my phone started ringing. It was my brother, my eyebrows raising at his name on my screen since we hadn't spoken that much in the past two months since he'd blown up on me at the hospital when I'd returned from London with Justin.

"What does he want?" I heard Justin mutter in a huff, his tone making a smile appear on my face just as I accepted the call and then brought the phone up to my ear.

"Hello-"

"Why have you been in hospital?" he asked abruptly, my body tensing a little which made Justin turn his head to me.

"I'm fine Theo," I told him and he sighed.

"I know I've been an áss to you, especially in the last few months but I still care about you," he mumbled. "I want to know if my little sister is okay."

"I'm okay," I laughed half-heartedly, trying to convince him since I wasn't ready to just blurt out to everyone that I was pregnant. It made me roll my eyes at the thought since I'd gone ahead and done exactly that with Joshua, a huff leaving my lips when Theo asked if I was sure. "I'm sure Theo, if anything wrong I would've told you."

"If you need help with anything, I'm here okay?"

"I know I know," I replied, a thought popping into my head just as he spoke. "Wait, how do you even know I was in hospital?"

"Jacob told me when I called him," he said and I closed my eyes, taking a breath and reminding myself to make a mental note to hit Jacob when I saw him.

I just muttered an okay before I told him that I had to speak later before I hung up, my phone falling to my lap as I rubbed over my stomach and felt nervous butterflies tighten my chest when I felt my bump.

It was odd and weirdly comforting in a way, my hands constantly finding their way to my belly whenever I felt nervous. I think Justin had noticed as he laughed at me when I pouted whilst looking downwards, my fingers tapping over my clothing whilst we kept driving in the direction of going home.

We ended up taking a detour for an extremely early dinner when I got hungry ten minutes later, my body craving fried chicken which Justin returned with whilst I stayed in the car. He carried his keys in his hands, his other arm bent around the paper bucket of fried chicken as he walked towards the car whilst raising his eyebrows at me when he found me staring.