Chapter 118: That Girl Is Poison

Start from the beginning

I nod my head.

"Natalie? Natalie? Like the deserves to get her ass kicked Natalie for what she did to you?"

"That's the one."

"What the fuck is she doing here? She wasn't invited."

"That's the same thing I asked."

"Well what did she say?"

"Apparently she just wanted to see me."

"Bullshit. That leech has never had the right intentions."

"I agree Rach, she shouldn't be here messing up your birthday. I'm going to tell her to leave", Kennedy says walking to the door.

"Wait Ken don't. I just want to have fun tonight, I don't want to cause a bigger scene."

"You won't be causing the scene. We will happily take care of that."

"Liv please. Let's just get back inside and enjoy the rest of the night."

"Ugh it infuriates me that she's here", Olivia says looking angry.

I wrap my arm around her shoulder, "Why don't we go take some shots and act like she doesn't exist? It's what I've been doing for the past 4 years."

A slight smile spreads across their faces, but I know they're as off put by Natalie's sudden reappearance as much as I am.

**********

Jennifer's POV

"You're still here."

I look up from my desk to see David sauntering around with his phone in hand.

"Last minute prep for the debate tomorrow."

"Excellent, I'll let you get back to it...Oh by the way you have nothing to worry about, I met with the team and we worked our magic. Your brother's mishap will never see the light of day."

"May I ask how?"

"I hate to call it hush money, but that's exactly what it is. Little J's friend was paid handsomely in exchange for his cooperation. No one will know Jared was also in that car."

I run my fingers through my hair frustrated. After everything that happened with Nina and Frank I promised myself to run a clean campaign. Yet here I am back in muddy waters.

"Is everything ok Jennifer?"

"Today was just a bit disappointing losing the potential endorsement. It made me realize that this is all going to be over soon."

"Let me ask you this. Do you have any fight left?"

"Of course I do."

"Then we aren't out of this race yet. The moment you feel like you can't do this anymore is the moment we're out."

"David personally I could do this forever. I've worked far too hard and have overcome so much to get here. But I also need to be practical. Snyder's assessment isn't that far off. Do you really like my chances against Bell?"

"I do, but it doesn't matter what I think. It matters what the American people think, and so far they are with you. The polls are close and the reality is that tomorrow's debate will be the deciding factor if you become the Democratic nominee or not. It's your last chance before the polls close to get your message across. Do not let Snyder get into your head now."