Chapter 123: She Wasn't Sad Anymore, She Was Numb

Rachel's POV

I wake up to realize that Natalie is laying next to me, or should I say intertwined with me. I slyly reach for my phone on the dresser trying no to wake her up.

I notice a screen full of text and news alerts.

"Senator Jennifer Abner's father the guest of honor."

"Surprise Senator Abner! Your father is in town."

"Senator Jennifer Abner's father attends debate to support President Trant."

"Are you fucking kidding me?", I whisper under my breath.

"Hmmm?", Natalie moans as she turns to face me.

I take a look at the time and almost jump out of my skin.

"Shit! Natalie you gotta go."

"What's going on?"

"We overslept and my parents are on their way over for brunch."

"Cool."

"Natalie get up! If this place isn't perfect by the time they get here I'll never hear the end of it from my mother."

"Rach chill. I'll help you clean up and leave before they get here."

"Thank you. Now put your clothes on", I say throwing them at her.

"Whatever you say. Damn you're even sexier when you're all worked up", she says looking my body up and down.

"How is it possible that you are undressing me with your eyes even though I don't have any clothes on right now?"

"It's a gift", she smiles.

I rush in the bathroom to take a quick shower letting the water run down my body. I run my fingers through my wet hair thinking back to last night. For me it was an experiment. I wanted to see if I felt anything sleeping with Natalie. It's an experiment I failed. I mean the sex felt good, but still I didn't feel anything. Why can't I feel anything anymore?

After getting ready I find Natalie in the living room cleaning up our mess from last night.

"It looks great in here...thank you", I say surprised.

"You're welcome. What else do you want me to do?"

"That's it. I'll handle the rest."

"Ok", she says standing there like she wants me to say something else.

"Feel free to use my bathroom if you want. There's extra toothbrushes in the drawer."

"And here I was thinking I'm special", she says with a smile.

I shake my head and pick up my results letter to read it in it's entirety. I can't believe I'm officially able to start practicing law.

When she returns it's just about time for my parents to arrive. I walk her to the door.

"So are we going to talk about last night?", she questions.

"Yeah I think we should. Let's meet up tonight?"

"Ok."

She kisses me on the cheek before opening the door and stumbling into my parents. Something I was trying to avoid.

"Oh", my mother says looking at the two of us.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs.Taff it's nice to see you again", she says with a smile.