Chapter 120: Is It Everything You Hoped It Would Be?

Rachel's POV

"Hurry while it's still halftime."

"Ok, ok....Do you want another White Claw?"

"Ugh not really, it's starting to have this hot piss like aftertaste", I grimace taking another sip.

"It kinda does doesn't it?"

We both stare at each other with a straight face until we can't hold it any longer. We erupt in laughter, "Two more coming up."

Shortly after Natalie's retreat to the kitchen she sits back down beside me on the couch.

"Here you go."

"Thank you."

"You're very welcome", she smiles.

Ok, I know what you're probably thinking. "Rachel what the fuck are you doing?"...Believe me I had that same talk with myself, but things have been hell lately and I could use the distraction. And what better distraction is there than my seemingly newly reformed ex?

"Are you having a good time?"

"No I'm having the absolute worst time of my life. I'm trying to come up with an escape plan as we speak", I smile.

"Damn I'm that bad of a host?"

"You're that bad."

She clutches her chest as if she's offended. I shake my head at her silliness.

My phone rings grabbing my attention. Looking at the caller ID I press reject.

"So-"

I hear the notice of a text message and I quickly glance at it before putting it on silent and flipping it over on the coffee table.

"Ok what's that about?", Natalie says raising her eyebrow.

"It's Olivia."

"I can pause the game if you want to take it."

"No it's cool I'll call her back later. I'd never hear the end of it if she knew we've been hanging out."

"Ah I got it, I'm a secret."

"A secret would imply that I'm doing something wrong."

Natalie bats her eyes.

"On second thought, yeah you're absolutely a secret."

"I'm a punching bag in my own place."

"Hey you begged me to come over."

"I'm glad that I did", she says looking down at my lips.

"Coming up on the 10 o'clock news we will hear from presidential candidates former Vice President John Bell and Senator Jennifer Abner on the eve of primary election night. We will also take a look back at how each candidate got here and weigh their odds for each of the remaining states."

I shift in my seat uncomfortably as Jenn is shown on screen.

"I know you have to be excited to find out if your boss wins or not tomorrow."

"So excited."

"How's it been working for her?"

"It's cool."

"She seems bad ass. Although I remember you hating her a few years ago."

"You do? I don't remember that."