Chapter 116: I'm Trying My Best

Jennifer's POV

"Breaking News! The Trant administration has announced the US will cut its financial contribution to NATO substantially. Previously the United States allotted 22% to NATO's direct funding. However, the US will now pledge 16% bringing it close to the contributions of Germany which has a much smaller economy. President Trant had this to say about the move.

"Look you have Germany and these other countries trying to take advantage of the US economy. They want to overachieve on their defense efforts without spending any money. I got on a call and said hey, you want protection start spending! They need to open their pocketbooks and open them bigly. There is no alliance without the US!"

This is one of many moves made by the Trant administration to pull away from foreign allies. We will keep you updated as the story develops...Switching gears, as Election Day nears we are now less than a month away from finding out who will stand against President Trant in the race to become President of the United States. Three candidates remain with Senator Snyder trailing behind former Vice President Bell and Senator Abner. Let's take a look at the numbers..."

My phone lights up and I realize Jared is attempting to call me via FaceTime. I ignore it to continue watching the news segment.

"There are a few key states up for grabs as the race to 1,991 delegates continues. Former Vice President John Bell is currently in the led with 989. Senator Abner slightly trails behind with 904 delegates. Here are the states each candidate needs to win- "

Jared tries back again and I decide to answer. I promised my family I would get better at communicating with them, and lately for obvious reasons I haven't been keeping up my end of the deal.

"Hey Sis! What's up?"

"Hi Jear". A closer look at the screen makes me furrow my eyebrow, "Is that a bruise on your forehead? Is everything ok?"

He nervously laughs, "Everything is fine, hey I tried calling you last night."

"I'm sorry things have been really busy, but when I got a chance today I was going to return your call. You beat me to the punch", I smile."What do you need?"

"Who says I need something? What if I just wanted to catch up with my favorite sister?"

"I'll wait", I say giving him a look.

"Ok ok. Is it alright if I come visit for a few days?"

"Jared I don't know-"

"Please! Mom and Dad have really been on my case and I just need to get away for a few days."

"With the election and everything going on right now its just not a good time I'm sorry."

"Come on sis you know how they are. You promised me that if I ever needed you I can call. Right now I need you."

"Ok", I say sighing.

"Is that a yes?"

"Yes you can stay, but only for a few days. I mean it Jared."

"Thank you sis it's going to be so much fun coming to visit again-"

Mia knocks on my door peeping her head in. She signals for me to look at the clock.

"I can't wait to go to In & Out and-"

"Hey Jear I have to go. I'll have my team book you a flight and send the info over, call me when you get here ok?"