Chapter 125: Everything Means Nothing If I Can't Have You

Jennifer's POV

"Good morning"

"Good morning Jear."

"Did you have fun at your party last night?"

"Yes I had a great time...I'm sorry you couldn't go."

"It's ok. I finished another chapter of my class."

"That's great Jear, keep it up."

"Why are you reading a kids book?", he questions.

"It was a gift."

"That's kinda lame. Who would give you that?"

"A special friend."

"Ok", he says grabbing a water and the fridge and heading back to his room.

I reread the hand written note found inside the "Oh the Places You'll Go" book I was gifted.

"Dear Jenn,

Celebrate, for everyday you are one step closer to fulfilling your dreams. I admire your drive and thirst to continuously push yourself up. The saying goes "Dreams don't work unless you take action", and you are certainly proof of that. Your grandfather would be extremely proud of you. You will be cemented in history as someone who made a change in this world. You've certainly changed me....Enjoy this time because happiness is also a factor in making your dreams come true...Try not to forgot about the little people when you're sitting around in the oval office (I know it's coming) :)

Oh the places you'll go!

With love always,

Rachel Nayla Taff."

I smile as I run my fingers over her signature.

Last night was a night of realization, and this morning was one of clarity....I'm ready to accept the fact that I can have both happiness and my dreams come true.

*********

Jennifer's POV

"We will depart tonight with Michael and his family to attend the last VP debate. Then we will hit the road non-stop. Rallies, meetings, visits, we're going to do it all.You're going to be tired of your own voice by the end of this."

"I'm very excited. While time is winding down we still have so much to do."

"And as always we'll get it done...I'll leave you alone so you can get back to work."

"Thank you David."

I sit at my desk working diligently throughout the day, but Rachel keeps crossing my mind. I want to let her know that I'm done running.

I decide to take a break to locate her.

Luckily it doesn't take much effort. Just as she's finishing speaking to one of her colleagues I call her name.

"Rachel."

"Hey.

"Hi, do you have a second? I want to talk to you about last night."

"No need. I know that it was a terrible mistake. We we're drinking so I didn't read too much into it."

"Rachel that's n-"

"Senator, sorry to interrupt I just got word that the flight time has been changed to 7:30", Mia says standing between Rachel and I.

"Ok, thank you."