Chapter 32: Truth Is In The Eye Of The Beholder

Rachel's POV

Jennifer! I yell out as her mouth moves over my core. She moves her tongue in circles giving euphoria. Oh fuck! I yell out as she begins to suck on my clit, making my head fall back in pleasure.

"Sush", she says lifting her head up. "We don't want anyone to hear."

I bite my lip and shake my head in agreeance.

She goes back down, this time keeping eye contact with me. She sucks with more pressure and my legs buckle from the sensation.

Right there!

You're going to make me cum

AHHH FUCK

BEEP BEEP BEEP! I'm woken by the sound of my alarm going off. I wake up from my dream flustered and breathing heavy....My dream about Senator Jennifer Abner.

What the fuck????

I get dressed for work and I leave a little bit early to make a stop at Starbucks. I order drinks for Avery and myself and I space out when the barista calls my name. I can't get that dream out of my head.

I walk in to the building and I see my girlfriend, my beautiful girlfriend that I care about so much. I couldn't feel like more of a piece of shit if I tried. First I lie about where I was and who I was with the other night, and now I'm having sex dreams about someone else.

Someone that I've despised for years. Someone whose voice annoys me most of the time, someone whose walk I can't stand to see. Someone who I'm not even attracted to.

"Hey babe", I kiss her for a few more seconds than normal.

Avery's  eyes get wide and she smiles, "Well good morning to you too."

"Sorry I couldn't make it over Saturday night. Here this is for you."

"You're the best."

I hear heels clicking from behind me and I cower internally. I 'd know that walk anywhere.

"Hey girls", Jennifer (Can I still call her that?) says.

Avery smiles,"Hi Senator."

"Rachel", Jennifer says sending shivers down my spine.

Avery nudges me to turn around.

I turn around, "Hi Jen- Senator."

She smiles as she catches my almost slip up. My eyes immediately fall to her lips and back up at her eyes that always seem to burn into me.

"How are you both doing today?", she questions. Her leg elongated drawing attention to them in her skirt.

"Um I think Mia had something for me to do", I say excusing myself from the awkwardness that was ensuing.

I rush to the bathroom to have a moment to myself.  This can't be happening. How is it possible that I'm attracted to Jennifer Abner?

**********

Jennifer's POV

I haven't spoken to Greg since he forgot our anniversary. He speaks at me and I don't respond. He thinks it's my time of the month or I'm just being emotional. Fuck him!

My bruises from our time together that morning have barely began to fade away. Unfortunately, Rachel saw them which made it extremely awkward, but she doesn't know the truth behind them. I intend on keeping it that way.

Going out Saturday night I felt rejuvenated. I'm so used to working all the time, and dealing with Greg's bullshit that I forgot what it's like to actually have fun. I think I smiled that night more than I have in months, and it was all due to the cocky brat that I hate to admit has become my favorite intern.

I go to fill up my water bottle and Rachel and I almost collide with each other. "Pardon me."

She says nothing when she sees its me, instead she rolls her eyes and looks away.

"Rachel is everything ok?", I question.

She meets eye contact with me,"Yeah, why wouldn't it be?"

"I don't know it just seems like you're avoiding me."

"Nope not avoiding you. Everything is great", she says with a smile.

"Ok."

"Ok", she says walking away.

Strange. Was it something I said Saturday night? Rachel Taff never shuts up, but today she's being awfully quiet. She's definitely avoiding me and I don't know why.