Chapter 118: That Girl Is Poison

Rachel's POV

"Natalie?"

"Hey Rach"

The blaring music and near voices seem to fade away at the sight of her. Sure I've seen her since that horrendous night 4 years ago, but for a long time now I've tried to erase her from my memory.

"Wait you two know each other?", Jared questions pointing between the two of us.

"She's my ex."

"Oh...oops"

"Natalie what are you doing here?"

"It's a party isn't it?", she smirks.

Her smugness rubs me the wrong way,"Yeah my party."

We both stare at each other not budging.

"Well this isn't awkward."

"Sorry Dani. Do you mind if I talk to her for a second?"

"Sure...if you want her to leave just say the word", Dani comes closer whispering in my ear.

"Thank you but I got it. I'll find you later ok?"

"You better", she winks walking away.

"That means you too pal", Natalie says dismissing Jared.

"Right....I think that girl over there was calling me over anyway."

I glance down and back up to meet her eyes as we're left alone.

"Ramirez still trying to get into your pants huh? Some things never change."

"You have a lot of nerve coming here uninvited."

"Come on Rach."

"Don't Rach me."

She smiles,"I've missed that feisty attitude."

I begin to walk away but she reaches for my arm pulling me back.

"Don't touch me."

"Sorry", she says with her hands up.

"If you were you wouldn't be here right now."

"Look I knew it would be a reach, but I couldn't just let this day go by without seeing you. How long did we talk about your 25th birthday and how we would celebrate all you would have accomplished by now?"

"Yeah when we were together. If you haven't noticed a lot has changed in the last 4 years."

"I've changed a lot too."

"Natalie what's your game plan here? Smile, flash those baby-blues and use some archaic memory to try and...I don't even know what you could be trying."

"Rachel I'm not trying anything."

"Good because it's not going to work", I say walking away.

Feeling uneasy from that encounter I look around for Olivia and Kennedy. I find them in the middle of the room dancing with their boyfriends.

"There you are, we've been looking all over for you. Where have you been?"

"Talking to Natalie."

"Natalie?"

Olivia and Kennedy quickly leave their other halves behind to follow me outside. "I'm sorry did I hear you say Natalie?"