Chapter 117: Return Of The Mack

Rachel's POV

Mark Twain once said "Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind it doesn't matter. " I for one have never feared getting older. The only thing I've feared is failure. By twenty-five I thought I would have it all figured out by now. When I was younger the adults in my life always seemed like they had it together. Little did I know they didn't and currently neither do I. But it's ok, I've learned that everything doesn't need a timeline. Life is a rollercoaster of a journey that sometimes takes you off course. It can be grueling, exhilarating, or even scary. But one things for certain, it wouldn't be life if there wasn't change. Change is necessary, without it progress would be impossible. And whether or not I realize it, mentally and physically I'm changing everyday. So hello twenty-five, I can't wait to see what you have in store. I'm ready for the ride.

"Happy Birthday Bitch!!!"

I smile as I see Kennedy and Olivia's faces on the other end of the phone. "haha thank you, what are my two favorite people doing up so early?"

"Getting stuff ready for tonight of course. Are you ready to get fucked up?"

"To a reasonable amount yes. I think you're both forgetting that at least one of us has to be responsible."

"Oh screw that!", Kennedy shouts out."This is the one night you need to let loose."

"Olivia has rubbed off on you in all the wrong ways Ken."

Olivia laughs, "She's right. For months now you've been trying to over compensate and act like everything is ok after all that's happened. The death of your coworker, Avery leaving, getting your heart broken."

"My heart is not broken."

They both give me a look, "We heard Dani asked you out."

"Yeah."

"And what did you say?"

"I respectfully declined."

"Why? You've had a crush on her since college. I think even Natalie knew it."

"Because I'm not in college anymore and dating is the last thing on my mind."

"Yeah you're definitely still caught up over mystery girl."

"I'm not, but thanks for always meddling in my personal business and assuming."

"You're welcome it's our job", Olivia smiles.

"Ok Rach we'll let you off the hook for now, but be prepared to have the time of your life tonight. We better get going, Livy and I still a few final touches we need to do for tonight", Kennedy says with excitement running through her voice.

"Oh shit we need to work on the playlist for the DJ."

Kennedy grimaces in Olivia's direction, "Um no. I'll handle that. This is an R&B 90s party, I don't want to listen to Ace of Base."

"Hey I don't mind getting turnt up to I Saw The Sign", I interject.

"I expected better from you Rach, from her it's not surprising", Kennedy says shaking her head.

I laugh, "I'll see you guys tonight."

**********
Jennifer's POV

"We are going to go live to Senator Snyder's campaign headquarters where he is said to have a major announcement."

"Good morning everyone, thank you for joining me today. When I made the announcement that I was going to run for President it was with good faith and belief that my ideas would resonate with the American People, and for the most part my expectations were exceeded. We didn't always hit the mark, but the support was loud and clear. I would like to thank everyone for that support, but it is with great disappointment that I have have decided to suspend my campaign. I say this with gratitude that I am thankful for those who supported new ideas and reimagined what America could look like. While I will no longer be running for President I guarantee I will continue to fight for the American people who've received the short end of the stick over and over again...With that I'll take a few questions.